1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Sylvester Stadler, Kharkov, 1942 Stormtroopers

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Tommi, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sylvester Stadler, Kharkov, 1942

Sylvester Stadler (30 December 1910 – 23 August 1995) was a SS-Brigadeführer and Generalmajor of the Waffen-SS, a commander of the 2nd SS Division Das Reich, 9th SS Panzer Division Hohenstaufen and a winner of the Knight's Cross with Oakleaves and Swords. He was one of the youngest German generals during World War II, being only 34 years old when the war ended in 1945.

main1.jpg

This piece is 1\9th in scale and is made up of five light grey resin parts and two white plastic strips that serve as the straps for the binoculars. The bust is sculpted by the very talented Andrey Fex and the box art is painted by our very own Mark Bennett, there is also a colour painting guide included in the kit box.

All parts are contained in a sturdy box with bubble warp for protection of the parts. Shown in the pictures below for you inspection are the parts that make up the bust. Exceptional detail has been sculpted into this piece which is further enhanced by the quality of the reproductive casting. Close inspection shows a few blocks to remove and very minimal clean-up of the parts.

Close-up of the parts can be seen below showing different angles of the head and torso. Location of the head to the neck socket is exact.

Other small pieces shown, gun holster, binoculars with two strips of plastic for the straps of the binoculars.

The bottom of the bust has a recess cast in to accept the supplied resin bust to base pedestal.

Conclusion: Another fine piece and fine addition the ever growing range of figures and busts from this now well established company. Parts are clean and well-cast and test fitting of all parts show a good fit. I am sure this will be very popular among most WWII enthusiasts. Highly Recommended.

Availability: Exclusive from Stormtroopers web site: http://www.stormtrooperminiatures.co.uk/

Tommi

IMG_1.jpg IMG_2.jpg IMG_3.jpg IMG_4.jpg IMG_5.jpg IMG_6.jpg
    Fex, offo, Trep and 1 other person like this.
  2. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Looks great!
  3. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Thanks for posting your review Tommi.
    That Andrey is a skilled young devil!
    Cheers,
    Keith
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Tommi,

Thanks for the review ..like the way you presented it . The subject is a really interesting one a brave man indeed .

The sculpting looks good (like the belt and bino's) as I would expect from Andrey . this together with the box art from Mark in his distinctive style all adds up to a great release .

Nap
    Tommi likes this.
  5. Fex Well-Known Member

Russian-Federation
    Thanks for the detailed story, I very much worried, it was my second experience of such work. I very much worried as will accept my work.
    Tommi likes this.
  6. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    It is never a worry Andrey, your good work does the talking for you.
    Cheers,
    Keith
    Tommi likes this.