1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sword and Brush 2015 - Nov 21, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by Alex M., Sep 25, 2015.

1. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    Hello figure painters and modelers!

The Southwestern Ontario Figure Club is proud to announce its first annual figure show and competition – the Sword & Brush. As fans of figure and miniature painting, our members have often traveled far and wide to attend similar shows all over the word, and we thought it was about time we had a show right here in Toronto.

We invite artists working in all scales and subjects to come and display your work and meet fellow hobbyists. We hope this will be the beginning of a growing figure painting community here in the GTA and all across Ontario, Canada, and beyond.

Stay tuned here, our website, or on our Facebook page for more announcements.

- The Southwestern Ontario Figure Club
    http://www.swordandbrush.ca/
    crf likes this.
  2. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    We have some info on the first raffle prizes. This year, we will be donating all proceeds from the raffle to the Tema Conter Memorial Trust, benefitting First Responders, Correctional, and Military personnel.

1 - Bent Bristle Miniatures will be donating the box art from their first figure, Walkin' Boss, painted by Fernando Ruiz
    2- High Calibre Miniatures have donated several cool figure kits as prizes

Stay tuned for more info, or visit our site - www.swordandbrush.ca, or catch us on Facebook
    crf likes this.
  3. MalcC A Fixture

England
    If there was ever a show across the pond I love to attend, it would be this one.
    It's been many (many) long years since I visited Toronto, and loved it.
    If I ever win the lottery i'll be there like a shot.
    Wishing you and the show every success.

Malc
    crf and samson like this.
  4. Watts Member

Canada
    Big news today!

Fernando Ruiz Miniatures has graciously supplied us with a limited number of pre-release models for sale to Sword & Brush attendees! This 75mm Queen’s Ranger Officer, sculpted by Oriol Quin, is available for pre-order now for pickup at the show.

Make sure you get reserve yours by visiting our site at
    http://www.swordandbrush.ca/…/show-special-queens-ranger-of…

Thanks again, Fernando!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    crf likes this.
  5. Alex M. Active Member

Canada

It's a shame Malc, we'd love to have you!!
  6. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    Good news!

Our commemorative figure is now available to ship to anyone. $10 shipping to Canada and the USA, $15 internationally (all prices in Canadian Dollars). Be the first to get this new figure from Fernando Ruiz Miniatures!
    Figures will ship the week following the show. Of course, you can still pick yours up at the show if you like. Limited quantity available.

http://www.swordandbrush.ca/…/show-special-queens-ranger-o…/
  7. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    As we head into the weekend, 5 weeks away from Sword and Brush, just wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to get their hands on figure before they're gone, we're half sold out, and won't be getting any more when they're gone! Don't miss out!
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Three more sleeps to the Sword and Brush Show... can't wait!!!!!!

Look forward to seeing who manages to shlep to our wee village of Toronto... get up here guys!!!

See ya Saturday!

Colin
  9. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    So, it's Saturday, 12:03 local time and no pictures yet. Just what is going on out there!? ;) Seriously though, hope the show is a smashing success and really looking forward to seeing some of the work on display.
    tiberius57 likes this.
  10. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    It was a smashing success. I know there was an official club photog and at least one member here got some outstanding shots (right Zeno? :)). So you should see something soon Glenn.

And my apologies to my club mates....I fled too fast at show's end and totally forgot to assist with taking the tables down. I owe you Tim Bits next meeting at Hornet.
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  11. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    It was a blast! I had a wonderful time.
    Here are the photos that I took during the show.
    Hope you enjoy them and make you to think to attend next year. It was a wonderful SHOW!
    Here is the 1st batch.
    Cheers,
    Zeno :)

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    ChaosCossack, Trex and billyturnip like this.
  12. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
  13. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
  14. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Probably the best figure show in Canada since World Expo in Toronto. A large crop of figures, both historical and fantasy plus some very well executed vehicles, ordnance, dioramas and vignettes. The number of entries exceed my expectations and the quality was very high. The judges did not have to lower standards from those used in Chicago etc to award medals. Some great vendors around the room too. Terrific location with lots of room and excellent light. Totally hit the ground running for an inaugural show. And great fun with new friends met.
  15. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
  16. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Here we go again.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  17. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
  18. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
  19. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
  20. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    The last batch.
    Hope you enjoyed the set of picture.
    Cheers,
    Zeno :)

[IMG] [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]