1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Svin!" Finished diorama

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Milorg, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Milorg Member

Norway
    Hello

Been quite a while since my last post at the PF but have just finished my latest diorama and would like to share some pictures.

The diorama shows a scene from Norway during the occupation. The different elements in the diorama like the running water, rocks etc was a new and fun experience to me. The figures are Mig and Alpine, beautifully posed and casted. They were painted using Vallejo acrylics, defenately a medium I'll stick to in the future.

Nice to be back, comments are welcomed

Cheers

Per Olav

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. petit belge New Member

Belgium
    The whole diorama is extremely well done, in particular the ice, snow ad water in the cascade. The sphere, using the high bridge is splendid. Keep going that way!

All the best
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful dio indeed. I really like the whole scene and the work you did. The painting is also very good and sets up nicely with the rest of the groundwork.

Xenofon
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    It seems a rather large scen for just three figure and yet you have made it work perfectly.
  5. Recon Active Member

Norway
    Lekkert, Per Olav!

I really like the way your figurepainting has evolved, and you master the acrylics already!

-Sverre
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Splendid! All the groundwork, ice, falling and flowing water, snow - just superb!

All the best,
    Dan
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Per Olav,
    Just a great vignette and terrific snow and waterfall.
    Cheers
    John
  8. je_touche Member

Germany
    Who do you mean by 'svin'?? ;-)

I am not into WWII, but here I cannot say enough about the beauty of the scenery and the quality of your paintjob. Really excellent, and also very inventive and an unusual subject matter.
  9. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Really beautiful work my friend . The whole setting is nice and the groundwork of yours is as always at top level. But i must admit that the figure painting is also really good. All small details tie nicely together and the whole scene is beautifully presented.

One more work to be proud of .

Nice to see you Per Olav

best Regards

Costas
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I like every square mm. of it.
    Awesome work. I looked trough it several time's, i find it just WOWWW

Marc
  11. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Wow. A really great scene and a very good paintjob. I like the diorama very much.

And I tink "svin" is "pig" in that case. But doesn´t know who you mean ;)

Ulrich
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Wow !!!!!!

Hi Per Olav !
    BEAUTIFUL, just BEAUTIFUL :D:D:D:D:D:D !!!!!! I have to agree with Ulrich, I think the word "svin" is a subtle play of words to describe the situation at hand. WELL DONE, my friend !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth :p.
  13. charlyq Member

Argentina
    Excelent, Per!!!!

Wow:

Per: your dio is outstanding!!!!! Beautiful paintjob, and the snow and the waterfall are terrific!!!

I like it a lot!!!!

Another tipical piece of work from you

We'll be in contact

Cheers!!

Carlos
    (Your Argentine friend!!).-

14. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Espectacular! o_O
  15. Milorg Member

Norway
    Hello All

Roger, Xenofon, Matthew, je touche, Dan, John, Marc, Carlsos and Ernest thanks a lot for your nice words, realy appreciate it!

Sverre and Costas, thanks guys!, nice to hear my figure painting is improving , figure painting has defenately been the toughest part in my earlier diorama projects. like I said acrylics is defenately what I'll stick to in the future.

Ulrich, Kenneth, thanks buddies! yes "svin" means pig, like you say it can have a double meaning in this scene, shure the old granny with the "special cargo" is not happy beeing stopped by two soldiers from the invading forces. No offence to my German friends. :)

Again thanks

Cheers
    Per Olav
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome work Per Olav. I like everything about the scene.