1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Super Fast Birthday Build

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by smeagolthevile, Oct 29, 2009.

1. smeagolthevile Member

United-States
    My absolute favorite teacher, ever (http://www.eastern.edu/academic/cas/depts/music/faculty.html#bryant) is having his birthday on saturday, halloween. So I decided to make something for him, though last minute.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Basicly, scary jacolantern infront of a Damage and beaten raught iron fence, and a grave stone in back.

when you look at it straight on though, the jackolantern and it's very long stem sitting infront of the fence is actuially in a backhanded way an 8th note on a musical staff sitting on the D above middle C. (teacher's name is David fyi, see D - David)

only the fence is connected, im gona use some celluclay to make a base, or if I dont have time, just use some sculpting putty to make a hard dirt surface. The thing is I need this done by tomarrow night, because I wont see him on his birthday, so its either early on friday or late on monday, I'd rather the former

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Your hitting the right note (sorry couldn't resist that one).
    Carl.
  3. smeagolthevile Member

United-States
    Im just having a problem getting the milliput to be smooth and not lumpy, especially on the sides of the fence (I coated the whole sides to make it look like thick poles) and the pumpkin stem
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Going by your photos it looks mixed enough, nice to see someone else works in choas.
    Carl.
  5. smeagolthevile Member

United-States
  6. smeagolthevile Member

United-States
    I gave it to him today, and it couldnt have went better, he absolutley loved it, made me quite happy.