1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sunday in Chicago

Discussion in 'Miniature Clubs' started by mikec55, Aug 23, 2011.

1. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Even tho I live only about 30 miles from Chicago, I haven't been able to go to MMSI's Chicago show in 4 or 5 years. This year, it looks like my only options will be to attend on Sunday or not at all.

Is it worthwhile to go on Sunday? How long are the figures available for viewing & the vendors vending on the last day? I've always heard that everything (understandably) starts to wrap up a little early on Sunday so that everyone involved can get a headstart on Chicago traffic or O'Hare confusion.

Mike
  2. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Mike,
    You are correct as there are very few exhibits left on Sunday, due to time constraints on travel. It was a little better a few years ago when the airline schedules were more frequent.
    There are a few vendors left (Red Lancers always till the last minute) and there is always a seminar on Sunday, which this year is Mike Blank on "Sculpting Techniques". It is usually on the piece he brought to the Show.

Bob
  3. moore Active Member

United-States
    Mike,

I would go... I agree with Bob... that there are a few
    exhibits still up. But I have been there Sunday morning
    to pack up and head home and there were still some exhibits on the tables. If it's the only day.. then I would go. It's a great show... maybe one year you will be able to make it on a Saturday.

Dee