1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sun Tzu

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Hugo Pereira, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Huw

Thank you for your conment... I just ask you a little patience to do everthing... you will love it, I can guarantee you that..,

With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    Huw63 likes this.
  2. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    When you ride a horse at speed you normally go for good ground and certainly not rocks. I've had a horse trip at a gallop a few times and that was flat ground. I'd also address the balance a bit more .

[IMG]

This is a picture of a galloping horse I took recently. Note the feet should not stray too far from the girth .

I rude a fair bit and you figure would be in the ground within seconds.

Again it's good you ask opinions.

Andrew.
    Hugo Pereira and Huw63 like this.
  3. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Andrew

Thank you for your comment.., we use another kind of photos, when you travel very fast and have to change direction when you have an obstacule in front of you... I asked a friend to put the photos...'i will share with you...

Thank you so much Sir.
    With best regards
    Hugo
    Huw63 likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

I am that friend Hugo asked !....so here are the pictures showing horses over , heavan knows how the riders stay on though!

Ye Hah!!!

Again it's good that RP are listening to comments

image.png image.png image.png

My favourite ...

image.png

Nap
  5. Huw63 A Fixture

Note in all the riders are holding both reins and aren't trying to shoot a bow and arrow with an eagle sitting on their arm!

Secondly the terrain is sand on a properly prepared riding paddock.

cheers

Huw
    Hugo Pereira likes this.
  6. mick3272 A Fixture

Nice one Hugo. Thats the way to do it.(y)
    Sink me Nap. Six legs and two of them very trim.
    Mick
    Hugo Pereira and Huw63 like this.
  7. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Huw

Thank you for your comment... I will do the best we can to improve...

Thank you so much.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    Huw63 likes this.
  8. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Mick

Thank you so much for your words...

With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    napoleonpeart and Huw63 like this.
  9. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello again Mr. Huw

I just want share one taught with you... some horses are training to control all moviments with legs... I remember the Portuguese horses of the intervention police... the guys have a shield and a stick... I believe the war horses have a special training... like in other areas, in the times, the military people used the horses in battles and horse...

We are doing a base with sand, for we can put the movimento in sand...

We are doing some changes, and we will do the best we can to meet your expectations..

Once again, thank you for your help and patience with us...

With best reguards
    Hugo Pereira
    napoleonpeart and Huw63 like this.
  10. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Martin the first version you are talking about was not an RP 3D version it was done by a Chinese artist and was all over face book a while ago. I think it had something to do with graphics for a movie. I think Hugo is basing his version on this.

the first version is amazing no doubt but would be very difficult to cast. still i'm sure they will take on board what people are saying and it will end up being a very beautiful figure.

cheers

ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
    Hugo Pereira, napoleonpeart and Huw63 like this.
  11. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    In those rodeo pictures both feet are roughly on the girth and the body stays upright. I've done tight corners at a gallop and you have to use your legs to move the horse around so they have to be in the right place. If you lean too far into a corner the horse will be off balance.

Another point. The reigns are not like a stearing wheel. They give instructions that can take many forms, often subtle movements with the fingers. A good rider on a good horse can move without using the reigns. This is something I was taught to do early on. Western horses neck reign as in they feel the touch on their necks.

Turning a well balanced horse at speed is great fun.

Andrew
    Hugo Pereira, napoleonpeart and Huw63 like this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

Thanks for comments as always ..spoke to Hugo who will be looking at the horse positioning but remember this WIP is in the very early stages so now is the time to say and comment and I have no doubt RP will listen

Nap
    Red Five and Huw63 like this.
  13. Huw63 A Fixture

Thanks all for the comments especially Andrew and Hugo's interesting observations. Personally I will stick to 2 wheels and a large engine - much safer than these equine beasties!

Cheers

Huw
  14. Nap Moderator

England

Why thank you there good Sir ......suffering though never seen so many legs ..lol

Nap
  15. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    But Huw.. on a horse you can go places where you cannot on a car and even the farmers can't catch you.!
    Huw63 and napoleonpeart like this.
  16. Huw63 A Fixture

I said two wheels my friend and of course a trials bike can definitely go most places and no farmers can catch me! Having said that I've been off road on my chopper enough times even passed a yuppie pretending he was on the Paris-Dakaar race on his pristine BMW on a gravel road and boy was he shocked! I've also ridden through floods, snow furries etc all on a chopper :)

Choppers 'till I die!
    Red Five likes this.
  17. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Hugo - I'm sure you'll get all the 'bits' fixed and this one is going to be absolutely top notch.

You take more chances as a sculptor than anybody I've ever seen. And always with a good result! (y)

Really looking forward to this one!

All the best,
    Dan
    Red Five, napoleonpeart and Huw63 like this.
  18. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

19. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello my good friend Ian

How are my friend? everthing is alright?

In here we are finish a graduation, but it will oficially finish in 07 of August, but there arent no stress, and its time to relax a little bit... LOL... LOL...

We used that concept to develop aour sculpture... We are already change the horse position and we wouldnt put with so many curves and moviment... But the final end it will be amazing... We will do some new techiniques and I believe that we will have the same detail, with some tips for help Yiannis... If we dont do that, Yiannis will let a spell on us... LOL... LOL... LOL...

My good friend I just want to express my gratitute to your friendship and to your support... I dont have words to express my gratitute to you...

THANK YOU so much for believe in RPmodels and in me... THANK YOU...

Big ugg and take care
    Hugo
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  20. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Andrew

Once again thank you so much for your help... Your help its amazing and very important to us... We are developing the 3D model with the photo above, so everthing it will be in the place, with everthing in correct position... Its away to control everthing and to put everthing with many accuracy and detail. We want a great figure, and I can assure you that in the end you will be love it...

Thank you so much.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    napoleonpeart likes this.