1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Summer (And Winter) Project Foot Guards at Quatre Bras

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Paul N, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Paul N Active Member

England
    face4.JPG face1.JPG face2.JPG face3.JPG

I've been working on changing some of the faces so that they don't all look exactly the same. I found the simplest change was either to close up the mouth or to remove the lower lip and part of the lower jaw giving the face an overhang.
    Figures are all primed now.
    On to the painting!
    PS. It was pointed out to me, after I had made them, that the loading was all done in the right hand, holding the musket in the left, so all of the loading figures are not strictly accurate. I'm not going to change them now. Never mind - something to discuss when the diorama is completed!
  2. chailey Active Member

England
    Looking forward to seeing how this progresses, I can't see how you will fit in the chap standing with his arms folded...he looks like he can't be arsed to fight!

Steve
  3. Zim PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    wow thats a lot of work Paul.
  4. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Definitely a retirement project were you can get stuck in to it everyday, its coming along nicely now so hopefully your are enjoying it and the retirement.
    TERRY
  5. Paul N Active Member

England
    The first batches have been painted now.
    There will be more work on them, but hopefully you get the idea.
    IMG_7366.JPG IMG_7367.JPG IMG_7368.JPG IMG_7402.JPG IMG_7409.JPG
    IMG_7407.JPG
    Henk, Tonton, Babelfish and 4 others like this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    H Paul

That's a lot of red !! and a lot of dedication ...lol

Looking good

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  7. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Looking good Paul. Glad your getting time to pint them at last
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
  9. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    These are going to look very impressive all together Paul.
  10. Paul N Active Member

England
    A few more pictures of work in progress. That completes most of the British.Just some conversions for wounded and some different positions to do.
    Now for the French cavalry!

IMG_7444.JPG IMG_7461.JPG IMG_7462.JPG
  11. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Coming along nicely Paul, this is a huge project. Do you still have your sanity??

Zane
  12. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Looking good Paul, will be interested to see the final piece.
  13. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Damn!! That is one ambitious project I must say. My hat's off to you for even attempting it. Looking forward to seeing it progress.
  14. Paul N Active Member

England
    French Lancers painted (5th) and some conversions of the Guards for some variation in poses. Almost there now! IMG_7696.JPG IMG_7702.JPG IMG_7701.JPG IMG_7703.JPG IMG_7705.JPG IMG_7736.JPG IMG_7738.JPG IMG_7740.JPG
  15. Paul N Active Member

England
    So I have finally finished the diorama!
    I have not posted anything about it recently, so here are the pictures of the groundwork and completed display.
    The scene is meant to represent when the 3rd battalion of 1st Foot Guards (Grenadiers) came out of the woods, across rye fields and were pushed back, near the stream that ran through the woods.(Well, that's my story anyway..)
    The rye was made from a set of paintbrushes from the pound shop, sprayed and dipped into sawdust. A lot of "planting"!
    Hope you like t.
    Onto the next model now! View attachment 379810 View attachment 379810 IMG_7796.JPG IMG_7808.JPG IMG_7826.JPG IMG_7823.JPG IMG_7813.JPG IMG_7810.JPG IMG_7805.JPG
  16. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Well done Paul a nice diorama plenty going on. Look forward to seeing it at a model show sometime soon.
  17. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I can almost smell the smoke.
  18. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    wonderful, well done, not an easy feat by any means.

Zane
  19. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    What a great piece of work Paul. The scene looks excellent, a tribute to the work you have put into it.