1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Submit a Figure!"

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Dan Morton, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    I don't know if a Callisto would sell better, when I take a look at the JJ-site, there's enough with dark hair, I wouldsay 'bout 45% is darkhair

Of course Renee OÇonnor would be a nice figure aswell, but there are more, for example ,Sheena, queeen of the jungle, with a tiger at her site, that would be a favourite of my girlfriend

I admit, My taste is something different for what be a bestseller. I don't like the most of the german armour, but if you notice what kind of vehicles will be relased :lol:
    BertUS
  2. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Pfff! Renée O'Connor, Hudson Leick, Lucy Lawless,... Flat-chested wimps compared to the incomparable...

[IMG]

Eddy Wally's WALLETS (y) (y) (y)

Definitively NOT for the faint-hearted (I know several figureteers who will shy away from the polka dots. Cowards!)

Q.
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Just exactly where in the Netherlands and Belgium do you guys live? Maybe there's something wrong with the water supply? Some kind of local beer, maybe? If you were Danish, I'd consider cheese the likely source of the hallucinogen.
  4. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    I looking at a bottle with a black label and some words on it, Iám very bad in englisch but there's something like Jock Dunials nr 7
    Maybe that will give my taste some problems, Dan? :lol: :lol:
  5. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    ... Now Renee O'Connor isn't really flat-chested I think ;)

Nothing's wrong with us Dan, we're the kinda regular type of guys you could meet overthere in Nebraska too. That Eddy Wally is some sort of entertainer who has been a huge joke overhere for years, and the guy makes a nice buck out of it too. :lol:
  6. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Dan,

What troubles me most is that I only drink bottled water and I don't eat cheese. ;)

Q.
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Actually I figured out the inside joke on the entertainer. I lived in Britain for 9 years and they had some strange ones too.

All the best...
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    I will add up to the 200 or 120 mm Mad Max figure from the first movie. I d like to paint Mel;s crazy eye

Costas
  9. Lancer Active Member

Neat thread! I have a 1/4 scale garage kit of Mad Max from the first movie. Don't ask me where I got it or who made it, there were no instructions and the box is long gone! Not a bad kit but the face does not exactly sceam Mel Gibson! His right arm is extended holding the Auto Burglar (shot gun/pistol) from the movie.
    I'd like to see some 1/28 WWI pilots and crew for the Revell kits or some 1/32 pilots and crew for some of the WWII kits! Mike Good would be the man to do it and I've always liked Warriors or Hornet for the quality of their work!
    Cheers
    Mark
  10. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
  11. Steve Arthur New Member

I agree with you 100%! Great suggestion!

Sobel? Really?

I have a few in mind, but I would need to think on them before I presented my wish list.

Best Wishes

Steve
  12. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    ;) An EOD type! What a great idea! I'd very much like to see that one myself!

Having known maybe a dozen of those guys - NCOs and officers - in my former life as a USAF officer, I can honestly say they are simultaneously some of the bravest AND most LOONATIC guys I've ever met.

An alternate idea. In the late 70s or early 80s in Britain there was a really good TV show called "UXB". UXB = unexploded bomb. It was set in 1945 in post-war London and was based on the UXB squads that went around disarming bombs dropped during the Blitz. On the show the soldiers wore pretty much standard British WW2 uniforms, officers and men. Nothing like the "moonsuit" in the previous photo. They sometimes used metal shields to protect some of the team while talking to the soldier defusing the bomb, but no protection for the exposed man.

All the best!
  13. The Fusilier New Member

easy the same way as mine!
  14. JBoisson New Member

Greetings

You don't often see figures depicting soldiers/sailors/airmen in dress uniforms of the WWII-to-current era, except for the odd bearskinned Grenadier Guard or kepi blanced Legionairre and damned few of them to boot. Specifically, I'd like to see a 120mm realization of U.S. Army officer or senior NCO (to go nuts on qualification, rank, branch badges, unit patches and ribbons etc.) in Class A in a straight up and down pose, Straight-Leg. (why, to piss off Petey, of course) A U.S. Marine NCO in dress blues, 120 and 54. USMC's Class B's are also pretty damned elegant too. And a USN enlisted man in dress blues and officer in whites, just think how much commission business would be generated for painters if such a line existed...uh, Mr. Stelzel...?
  15. Pete_H New Member

Uh, John? Guess what my winter project is - a WWII US Army paratrooper in class A's at the end of the war ... Ike jacket, fourrargeres, and all. I've already got the fourrargeres made, as well as the mannequin fleshed out.
  16. JBoisson New Member

No shinola? Scratch-built? Scale? Sounds cool!
  17. Pete_H New Member

Yes and yes. I'll let you know this weekend ;)
  18. Jeff_Herne New Member

In 120mm (since that's the smallest I can work in)...

Anything US Infantry, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam...and not just Airborne. Nothing against the Airborne, but there's ALOT of other divisions out there...Mike Robert's 44th Division figure blew my mind, as that's the Division my reenacting group has portrayed for the last 15 years.

Anything US in Class As (which reminds me, I have a complete set of original Army Class A's if anyone needs reference photos, also lots of WW2 GI gear). Some USN Admirals, Farragut, Dewey, Halsey, Nimitz, Burke...

What I'd really like to see...small vignettes with a weapon of some sort...a sailor with a 20mm mount, or a group with a 40mm mount...a section of a ship's bridge with a lookout and OOD.

More WW2 Russian stuff, infantry, etc.

What I've always thought would be a striking piece would be a 120mm, or 54mm, vignette of the Tomb of the Unknown, with the honor guard in place... for no other reason than it's a place of honor (had an uncle who was MIA in WW2).

Outside of military stuff, how about a nice figure of the Babe smacking a homer, or Willy Mays sliding into home, or the Yankee Clipper? Or Gretsky taking a slapshot? Francesca's NJ Devil is really cool, saw it at NJHMA when it was being sculpted, although it shoulda been a NY Ranger!! ;-) More sports stuff!

My two pence,

Jeff
  19. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    What about one of the mad Irishmen in the Mexican Army - the San Patricos from the Mexican / American War?
  20. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Oh Man! I really like the idea of the Tomb of the Unknown! We should try to convince one of the truly gifted sculptors to take that on! How about a "guard mount ceremony"?

Being retired USAF, I know what the soldiers, airmen, marines and sailors have to do to compete and win places guarding the Tomb. Those who do the job will be the first to tell you that they consider it a sacred honor and a high calling. A short history of the training program and the ceremonies honoring the Unknowns could be part of the piece. I think it could be done in such a way as to truly honor those who guard the Tomb.

All the best,
    Dan