1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Subjects you would like to see

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by kevininpdx, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

So true, but for me it was the contrast. His 8yr.old could see any number of violent ways of Death, but showing him a naked female with legs akimbo being raped well, just not done in the 70s USA
    Nap likes this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Here's some more subjects I would love to see both as figures and busts

Victorian /Indian Army ...,,,also busts of British officers in mess dress

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Nap
    DaddyO likes this.
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    An interesting thread, this. It is clear that we all have our little niche areas of interest, subjects and ideas which we think would make good miniatures. Unfortunately, and I think we've covered this before, it is unlikely that many, if any at all, would ever see light of day, due to their perceived lack of sales interest from manufacturers. Those of you who are aware of my work will know that much of my interest lies in the unusual, "off the beaten track" type of subjects and conflicts and, although it attracts attention both here and on FB, this rarely translates into actual sales, which are needed to perpetuate ranges. Inevitably, and this is not a sideswipe at makers, the "tried and tested" will always prevail, as this is where the money is. Just my two penn'th, again!(y)
    Nap likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England

Your "two penn'th" is very welcome

Agree with comments manufacturers do need to translate into sales to make releases viable

Sone great ideas here though

Nap
    valiant likes this.
  5. karlw Active Member

Germany
    The Japanese Heian period from 794 - 1185 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heian_period) has been totally overlooked, with it's colourfull court custumes and the early Samurai styles. There was a company named Village Green which released a range of 28mm figures from temple sets, peasant houses, samurai residences to all kinds of bushi, weapons and other items (about 125 in total).As I'm not in wargaming, I would prefer figures from the Heian period in 54 - 90 mm formats. I have been trying to locate the Village Green figures in vain for years. Maybe one of the more advanturos Russian sculptors will dig into this exciting period ?
    kevininpdx likes this.
  6. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

Surely , this is what our Hobby is all about. If the figure isn't comercially available, then find a figure that lends itself for coversion to what you want.

There are plenty of "Acadamy" figs. around in many scales, so, have a go at making it. The Hobby is called Military Modelling, not just painting.

If you feel your skills arn't up to that, then try some Animations of existing figs, so they stand out against all the others.

I promise, if you persevere, you'll get more satisfaction out of the hobby.

I first tried an Animation with the Gothic Knight from Hinchcliffe, I didn't like the weight of a solid metal Standard, so I cut it just above the waistbelt and added the torso, arms and head from the Almond Sculptures standing Knight. see pic.

Ray

PHOTOS.JPG
    DaddyO, Blind Pew, Nap and 2 others like this.
  7. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Nap and kevininpdx like this.
  8. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Agee 100% Paul although ek do one or two

Keith
    kevininpdx, peedee and Nap like this.
  9. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  10. nig-g Active Member

What I’d like to see produced, and I think would be economically viable, would be sets of hands in 200mm. Soooooo useful for conversion (Like the heads and weapons available from Reedees) and scratch building as hands, I found, are one of the hardest things to sculpt.
    here’s hoping.
    Nigel
    kevininpdx and Nap like this.
  11. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks to karlw for breathing life into the thread.
    Aztec Jaguar and Eagle Warriors...

62FF1001-932A-4D0F-A11D-43EB20F8989B.jpeg
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    It's happened on here from time to time, the permanently outraged have got a few threads pulled, because of subjects THEY don't like sadly.
    On the main topic though, I've always thought the Toureg would make great subjects.
    Steve
    [IMG]
    Blind Pew and Babelfish like this.
  13. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    kevininpdx, Helm and Babelfish like this.
  14. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Exactly, the only one I can think of is the overpriced Romeo mounted one...
  15. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  16. Steve Corvi New Member

Great Northern War figures would be nice...in 54MM Mounted Swedes and Russians and Poles.

I did pre order the Soga 75 MM Swedish Grenadier

Steve,
    kevininpdx likes this.
  17. Airkid A Fixture

England
    How about something from the Gran Chaco War - Paraguay vs Bolivia - 100k casualties?

Airkid
    kevininpdx likes this.
  18. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    The late 17th and early 18th century, especially the War of the Spanish Succession, and the Seven Years War.