Studio Model designs Presents 54mm Chota Sahib

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by studio Model Design, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Lightbob

This intrigues me will need to have a good check on this in my Indian army reference books

There is a possibility perhaps of the painters just choosing to paint it like that but CS were well researched

No written instructions ?

Nap
  2. studio Model Design New Member

Does the item have a part number when I pop in the office next I can take a look for a colour sheet
    Nap likes this.
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The figure's uniform resembles the full dress uniform from the late 1800s/early 1900s and continued, with variations, into the 1920s. The medals look like Pip, Squeak and Wilfred, post First World War....
  4. lightbob New Member

Chota Sahib - VIA11 Officer of Rattray's Sikhs. is the reference given on Mirofs website in the Nostalgia Section. Non of the illustrations give a date indicating when this figure is meant to depict. The only one with a date missing.
  5. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    If you look at the site I referenced earlier:-
    http://www.lrmminiatures.com/chota-sahib-miniatures.html
    and scroll down, you'll come to 'The full Catalog of Chota Sahib Kits'.
    Go to page 7 of 14 and you'll find BI31 1A11/VIA, which is dated 1900 (India).
    That should allow you to work out the probable medals.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  6. Nap A Fixture

England

Could be ...ribbons are obviously wrong though on the painted version ...and that date 1900 .....!

The plot thickens

Nap
  7. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  8. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Carl

Blooming heck you must have read my mind ...I am looking at the same picture now !

Nap
  9. lightbob New Member

Hello All,
    Many thanks to you all for the information. A special mention to Andrew for giving me an unknown link. A pity the thumb nail pics are v. small.
    As I now have a date - 1900 -- for the figure I will adjust my ideas. I will go with an earlier Indian General Service Medal 1854- 1895, the Afghanistan Medal 1878 -1880, and the Kabul to Kandahar Star 1880. I am not sure if any of Rattray's Sikhs were there but maybe this guy was. I will make sure I paint in a few grey hairs to the whiskers.
    I already have Tradition's drummer from this regiment, and may go for the drum major at some point.
    Once again thanks.
    Douglas aka Lightbob.
    Nap likes this.
  10. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Douglas

That's that sorted then ...look forward to seeing your painting on this

Happy benchtime

Stay safe

Nap
    captnenglish likes this.
  11. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    I hope the c.1900 Mess Dress kits get a run out.
    captnenglish likes this.
  12. Nap A Fixture

England

Too right there ..I would buy and paint all of them even though they have legs !

Nap
    captnenglish likes this.
  13. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Maximum enlargement I dare with still some coherence
    45thsikhssubadar (3).jpg
  14. studio Model Design New Member

Hey sorry just popped in office we haven’t even got a copy of this figure and I have been through how heap of instructions and can’t find anything sorry we can’t help
  15. lightbob New Member

Hello All ,
    Hope you are all well and enjoying the great weather.
    I have finished my Rattray's Sikh officer, perhaps not my best effort. I have attached a pic. showing the figure along with some other Indian Army officers of the British Raj. Sorry for the poor picture quality, must try to improve tech. skills.
    Attached Files:

16. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Lightbob

Certainly a array of colour there in the picture ...any chance of a bigger picture

Happy benchtime

Nap
  17. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  18. lightbob New Member

Hello All,
    Many thanks for the positive comments and "likes".
    Now need to source new fine point brushes to tackle the Chota Sahib Hariana Lancer officer in mess kit. I find that Revel brushes do a good job for bigger areas but their 00000 fine brushes can vary a great deal re how fine their points are and durability. Any suggestions re brush manufacturers welcome.
    Yours Aye,
    Douglas aka Lightbob