1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Studio Model designs Presents 54mm Chota Sahib

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by studio Model Design, Jun 23, 2019.

1. studio Model Design New Member

2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely to see the old CS figures appearing again. :)

I've looked on the Facebook page and the website address given - No prices or photo's of the resurrected figures yet that I could see.
    It would be great and very helpful if you could add some (Possibly on this thread to give everyone an idea)
    Will they be cast in resin or metal?

Look forward to seeing some 'in the flesh'
    Cheers
    Paul
    winfield and Viking Bob like this.
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Can't wait to see them again.
  4. studio Model Design New Member

Afternoon Paul,

We will be hopefully posting pictures next week.

Prices we are hoping should be around 12.50 a figurine and 19.50 for a double figure set

i will try and get some more information together these week,

We are working through so many boxes that haven't seen the light of day for along time.

If people have any old reference information would be much appreciated also any old images packaging we have already found information for figures we haven't got and we would like to get these reproduced.
  5. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    2.jpg 20160130_114331_(1).gif IMG_2678r.jpg 20161030_125733 2.jpg 20160102_101830 2.jpg Crimean tension.jpg
    Cheers for letting us know.

I'll have a look through and see if I've got any old instructions/info for the ones which I've bought.
    In the meantime here are a few photos of some of the ones I've painted up in the last couple of years
    Oda, Blind Pew, Edward and 2 others like this.
  6. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    There are a couple of pdf files showing Chota Sahib catalogue pages HERE (courtesy of 'Mirofsoft' on PF)
    Just scroll down the page.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    DaddyO likes this.
  7. studio Model Design New Member

Thank you for all this information.
  8. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I've just come across another site with details on Chota Sahib figures:-
    http://www.lrmminiatures.com/chota-sahib-miniatures.html
    There is a copy of an article from 'Military Illustrated' on Chota Sahib.
    Immediately below this is 'The full Catalog of Chota Sahib Kits', which also contains photographs of most of them.
    Hope this fills a few gaps.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Chris Oldfield likes this.
  9. gedmagpie Active Member

Canada
    Just had a look at their Facebook page and website don’t know what is going on...but it doesn’t seem much!

Cheers,

Gary
  10. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    Where are the lovely 90mm-boyz of the Raj?I have only the Skinner´s Horse officier in my GA.
    Do their moulds exist?
    I remember the Bengal Lancer officer in Shep Paine´s book about figure painting,standing on a magnificant fibre flock tigerskin!
  11. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice to see these resurrected. It'd be interesting to see how they stand up to today's stuff.
  12. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Nap likes this.
  13. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Guys

I remember sone of these , especially liked the Indian Army , and the Sgt Major shouting as a infantryman with kitbag ....not forgetting the classic Wren and the ATS ( with stockings )

Looking at them sone were based on Osprey illustrations I think

£6.80 for a 90mm ...happy days ...lol

Happy benchtime

Nap
  14. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  15. lightbob New Member

CHOTA SAHIB RATTRAY'S SIK OFFICER.

I have recently taken delivery of this figure. Unfortunately no painting instructions were available.
    I am in the main o.k . re the painting of the figure but I need advice re the medals shown on the figure.
    The officer has 3. I can paint the first 2 as Indian General Service Medals -- the 1896 and 1909 issues. Or do I him from an earlier period and change the medals. The figure is a some point from 1886 onwards, as he has white facings. The 3rd medal though is the problem- it looks like a star rather than a round medal. I doubt it can be the Indian Order of Merit as it is the last medal in the line regarding precedence.
    Any clues?
    Sadly enlarging the Chota Sahib image on Mirof's excellent site does not give good enough definition to resolve my question.
    Many Thanks in expectation.
    Douglas
  16. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Douglas

1896 image.jpeg

1909 image.jpeg

Initially thought the 3rd the Assaye as you said star ...but too early and not IOM for sure

Can you post pics of instructions ?

Nap
  17. Nap A Fixture

England
    Victoria's Diamond Jubilee medal ...with a little alteration

image.jpeg

Egypt medal ?...but need to check Regts details

image.jpeg

Nap
  18. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    45th Rattray's Sikhs battle honours up to 1900 - if it helps...?(y)

1857–1859 Indian Mutiny
    Defence of Arrah
    1858 Afghanistan
    1878 Ali Masjid
    Punjab Frontier
    Malakand
    Nap likes this.
  19. Nap A Fixture

England
    Nice one Steve

Afghanistan and Punjab were clasps added to GSM as were Ali and Malakand as far as I can see after a quick look

He would have done at least 45 years service and joined very young to get the Mutiny IMO of course

Personally I would go for the diamond medal ......as the Regt didn't serve in Egypt that's out ! ......unless he transferred !

Happy days

Nap
    valiant likes this.
  20. lightbob New Member

[IMG]Hope this image helps. There is also another version at the beginning of this thread at msg 5. The Queen Victoria Jubilee medal would be a nice one to go for but not sure -- the issue medal to military was round, the diamond one went to Provosts and Mayors. The order of precedence also would not apply till post WW1 according to Wikipedia(?).
    Thanks for the the contributions so far.
    Lightbob.
    Blind Pew likes this.