1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Stryker Crewman Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is one of my latest projects. Its a 1/12th scale bust still in progress. It's almost finished really, just have the boom microphone, some buttons and a couple of straps left to do.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Nap Moderator

England
    Stryker

Anders ,
    Lovely work , nice to see a modern bust be produced , like the body armour , be interested how you are going to do the microphone ...the face looks like a young soldier .
    Nice surface on the helmet as well , although this is a modern era , I could quite easily imagine this being a fantasy piec with a couple of additions .
    Look forward to the next post .

Nap
  3. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Nice Bust

Anders,
    a lovely bust so far, and I agree, nice to see some modern stuff.:)

Doing the digicam is going to be the next thing for painters, but the bust has so much potential for portraying the human element.

cheers
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

Modern stuff is a lot of fun to sculpt, there is so much reference etc that it is almost over whelming! New equipment etc etc is being produced so fast that it is hard to keep up.

The microphone will be done in a two part assembly, maybe three if necessary. Im planning on making the screw attachment on the ear piece along with the wire part of the mic cast onto the ear cup, then either a resin boom with the microphone 'head' or maybe just the 'head' and supply the kit with a copper 'cable' so the part can be bent into the desired shape. Will have to see how it works out! It's a tricky piece for sure.

Here are some inprogress shots.

[IMG]

CVC being made, the shell was done on a different head (the one I was going to use, but decided it was too old looking).

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Anders,
    Great looking bust.
    Cheers
    John