1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Strange 1/48 resin figures in Nurnberg fair

Discussion in 'Report Piracy' started by Dan - EuroModel, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Dan - EuroModel New Member

Switzerland
  2. kidsbday7 Active Member

United-States
    Hi Dan,

I don't speak/read German, but looks like the company is Peddinghaus?

Thanks for finding this. Hope this is legit. If not, I obviously wouldn't support.

I hope somebody can shed some light.

Phil
  3. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Gents

I see that 2 of them are illegal reproduction of Alpine figures.
    I think they shrunk my 1/35 scale figures by 3D scanning/printing
    into 1/48.

Is Peddinghaus behind this?
  4. kidsbday7 Active Member

United-States
    Taesung,

Too bad there is not some kind of agreement because I don't think we will ever see these in 1/48 from the original manufacturers.

Look at the bottom of the first picture. There is an e-mail I think says something like Peddinghaus-decals@web.de. Your eyes are probably better than mine.

I am not for certain though.
  5. Dan - EuroModel New Member

Switzerland
    I can read the same email

i think the best way is that the concerned manufacturers take contact with them to see what they have to say about these figures.

Regard

Dan
  6. kidsbday7 Active Member

United-States
    Hey Dan - nice job spotting these.

Hope Stalingrad, Evolution and Alpine work it out as it would be nice to have their products in 1/48 in a legit manner. I realize Evolution already scales their 1/35 down and releases them in 1/48.

To be clear though I would not buy these without Taesung's, Sergey's and Alexander's blessing.

Phil
  7. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Genau, that is, precisely! We can decide not to buy figures that we think are pirated, but only the original manufacturer will have any standing to after the pirates.

Prost!
    Brad
  8. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    We're on the case.
  9. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi. On the poster the name "peddinghaus-decals", the address, the telephonenumber and the email address peddinghaus-decals@web.de is mentioned

The sentence "Nordwind exklusive bei Peddinghaus-Decals" means "nordwind exklusive by Peddinghaus Decals". In my eyes that means that you can get theat figures "only" from Peddinghaus

Ulrich