1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Stormtroopers Tyneside Irish Officer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, May 8, 2012.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Although I've got five other projects in progress at the moment it was impossible to resist making a start on this.
    I haven't done the lips, moustache or eyebrows yet but critique or suggestions on any other part of the face is welcome.... especially as this isn't something I usually paint.
    Roger.
    PICT0011.JPG
    pmfs and Meehan34 like this.
  2. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Good start Roger! I would add more highlights to the face because it still looks a bit dark to me.
    Also a bit more contrast around the eyes I would say.

Cheers,
    Marcel.
    captnenglish likes this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Marcel, I was thinking that myself so you've confirmed it.

Roger.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks a good start Roger, although he does look he has a permatan.;)
    Carl.(y)
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Carl, the fleshtones are based on my own sun kissed (or is that weather beaten?) good looks but I've just been addressing that. ;)

Roger.
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Further progress, hair and moustache only basecoated at the moment. Any tips from accomplished bust painters would be very welcome. (Or anyone else ;) )
    Roger.
    PICT0003.JPG
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Spent today working on the trench cap. The shade is based on an original item and should make a nice contrast with the khaki uniform
    PICT0010.JPG
  8. Silversurfer Active Member

Germany
    Hi Roger, that´s look great so far. Do you use oils or acrylics for the face?

Greetings Thomas
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Thomas, I use acrylics.

Roger.
  10. Silversurfer Active Member

Germany
    I admire people who can paint with acrylic. I tried, but I do not get good results with these colours.

Thomas
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I've never used anything else, some of the flat painting community despair of me but I'm too impatient for oils. :D
  12. Silversurfer Active Member

Germany
    Surprise, surprise!(y) I thought, your flats are painted with oil! So you can see, its no shame:eek: when a crack don´t use oils!!
    You know what I mean;)!

Thomas
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England