1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP stormtroopers German Infantryman, Winter 41/42 bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gothicgeek, Jul 28, 2010.

1. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Mark, the face really is looking fantastic, the addition of the red in the klear works very well, I'm picking up all these pointers. wonderful!! Les
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Mark,

Your best face so far, IMHO. Great use of colour to convey a sense of cold. I can't wait to see what helikes like with some ice on his moustache, beard and eye brows.
  3. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Really looking good, I agree with Mr. Barton this is your best. He is so cold he looks as if he might be sobbing. I got to get this bust.
  4. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Carl .... Thanks :eek:

Les ... Thank you and your welcome :)

Tony ... Thank you! :)

Mike ... Many thanks :)

Onwards! ....

Used my AB to lay some colour down on the toque and the great coat, still much to do adding some texture and sharpening things up.

Also started blocking in the tabard as I have decided to spend the time hand painting it as I want a light effect to the fabric, sortathing :)

Off to the Show at Yorkshire Air Museum tomorrow so may see some Planeteers there?

:)

[IMG]
  5. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Stunning Mark!

This is top quality painting gents...:eek:
  6. winston Active Member

France
    Great paint mark!!!
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mark, amazing work on the face, :eek: following. (y)

Cheers Ken
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    As nice as a nice thing.
    Carl.
  9. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thats some nice work you have done on the fleshtones Mark, he looks very cold and misserable, he actually looks like someone with a bad cold or flu !!!

Steve(y)
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Mark,

I really like the red blotches on his cheeks and nose. Looks like the capillaries under the skin have burst from severe cold. First stages of severe frost bite. My only suggestion would be to reduce the warm red colour of the lips for a cooler bluey purple colour.
  11. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pedro .... Thank you! :)

Winston ... Many thanks :)

Ken ... Thanks :)

Carl ... Thanks man :) like the new avatar :)

Steve ... Thanks!

Tony ... Thanks again :) Yeah they need something else! I'm inclined to try and use blues and light skin tones to get a cracked and chapped look :)

Work on those whites!!!

Softening and ( hopefully ) adding some depth :)

[IMG]
  12. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I am really enjoying this . The best part about sculpting and actually casting your own figures apart from seeing the first casting come out is watching your sculpt come to life in paint.

Great job mark and can't wait to see it in the flesh at euro.
  13. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stu ... thanks ! :)

work continues, greatcoat is almost there and blocked in the leather bits :)

[IMG]
  14. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    More Leather work :)

As I was Working just on leather parts today I got a bit more done on this .... not finished but heading the right way I think :)

[IMG]
  15. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  16. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice leather Mark.:)
  17. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    WOW! Looks great so far!!!
  18. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pedro .... Thank you my friend! :)

Taesung ... Many thanks :)

Continue to work the straps and equipment, almost there! then some time working on the tabard and that scarf! Red? Tartan? oh I'll decide later

:)

[IMG]
  19. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Really starting to come on now Mark. I'd like to see a bit more variation in the grey colours though- it still looks a bit monotone. Have you thought about changing the head scarf to a different colour?
  20. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Leather work ???? I cant get past that face mate, to me its the best one you have done so far and thats saying something.

Exellent work Mark,

Steve(y)