1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Stormtroopers French Hussar Officer Bust

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Tommi, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Received this piece from Stuart Hale at Stormtroopers after it was featured among his recent new releases at Euro Militare show 2012.

main1.JPG

main2.JPG

main3.JPG

This represents a French hussar officer bust, The Retreat, Russia, 1812. The sculptor is Igor Danilkin and the colour box art has been painted by Davie Mitchell, to follow.

The bust has been designed to represent any one of the regiments during the Russian Campaign which include 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 11th.

This piece is available as an Exclusive release, Limited edition via the Stormtroopers web site
    www.stormtrooperminiatures.co.uk

All Parts are sealed in a bubble wrap bag and contained in a sturdy box along with a comprehensive painting guide instruction sheet .

The bust consists of six light grey resin cast parts and a small piece of lead foil that can be used to make the additional straps.

A close inspection of all the parts show a very good level in casting quality which captures all the high quality sculpting detail that Igor has put into this piece. The parts have only a few of the usual small mould blocks to remove and virtually no visible mould seam lines.

IMG_1.jpg

IMG_2.jpg

Three close up views of the face and head detail for our inspection.

IMG_3.jpg

A close up of the main torso and the detailed braiding, we can see the small ould blocks to be removed.

IMG_4.jpg

The right arm locates very snug into the bust torso once the small block has been removed from the top of the arm, no gap or evidence of any filler needed.

IMG_5.jpg

IMG_6.jpg

A quick clean-up of the main parts and the pieces lock together very nicely. The bust also has a large heavy duty pedestal included.

IMG_7.jpg

IMG_8.jpg

Conclusion.
    Another fine release and excellent quality product from this well established an ever growing company. All parts are well cast with little clean-up, excellent detail in the sculpting which is reflected in the casting process. Highly Recommend.

Availability:
    This piece is available as an Exclusive release, Limited edition via the Stormtroopers web site
    www.stormtrooperminiatures.co.uk
    Tommi
    Filipe and Michaelminiatures like this.
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Good review Tommi, thanks for posting it.
    I thought that this was a great piece when David Mitchell posted the 'box art' looking at your photo's it is even more detailed than I thought.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  3. waterloo1815 Active Member

United-States
    Tommi - you are right on with this one!! I picked one up from Stu about 6 weeks ago and I must say it is"AWESOME" - I will also add it is one LARGE piece of resin!! Keep em coming Stu!! Dave
  4. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Thanks Tommy, nice review !

Cheers

Hendryk
  5. Tubby-Nuts-REMOVED Guest

United-Kingdom
    Thanks, Tommi. Nice photo's!...... Now thinking, should I sell-up! my 90mm figures, and move over to 'Busts'... Because these are 'Outstanding', pieces of work.:confused:

Mark