1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Stormtroopers.capt Stewart,93rd Sutherland Highlanders

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by davidmitchell, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helm A Fixture

England
    Speaking for myself like Colin I'd rather be told what's wrong with I've painted than be told something looks great and isn't that said I will also take notice of people who actually have posted some their own work and I can see they are talking with some knowledge and dare I say authority on the subject. I also think most if not all manufacturers will accept genuine and helpful comments it's in their interest to after all, what they don't like as I think none of us do is crude hatchet jobs over some grievances or petty incident

Steve
    Funky50 and housecarl like this.
  2. Waterman Active Member

Yes Colin, I think that your suggestion is the answer, and I would support that. Leave it to the punters to make their minds up, and let them vote with their wallets.
    Funky50 and housecarl like this.
  3. old grumbler Active Member

Albania
    Like I said before, the herd instinct. Gang up and bully, adopt a faux wounded stance, act like a diva and all the rest of that self righteous nonsense. Forgetting one thing, I never said anything nasty or insulting about anyone's sculpting nor attempted to 'assassinate' them as Carl puts it, nothing I said would be out of place in a decent figurative sculpting/drawing class so bollocks there. The sheer nasty childishness of the posts, even threats and suggestions of suppressing open honest opinion is not healthy. The anonymity thing is a fine one in this case because some posters do seem a bit unstable and teetering on the edge although there's nothing I've said that I wouldn't say face to face to the sculptor. My identity or my work matters not because that wasn't ever part of the original point, my comments were fine and valid, you certainly don't have to have a showcase of dusty old medals from Euro to qualify you to make small critiques. Knowledge and learning is the issue so why the hostility? My critiques/comments were chosen by an ignorant clique to be taken as agenda driven provocation when nothing was further from the truth.
    housecarl likes this.
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
  5. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    So provide your name like I did :)

Colin
  6. Funky50 Guest

To be honest I think it's time to stop any further comment on this issue and call it a day .....pointless,pointless,pointless
    Martin64, Tarracus, crf and 1 other person like this.
  7. old grumbler Active Member

Albania
    Losers.
    housecarl and crf like this.
  8. Tarracus A Fixture

Now that the discussion appears to be in a deadlock, begins the battle for "having the last say"??:dead:
    crf likes this.
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    In that case [IMG]
    crf likes this.
  10. moz A Fixture

England
    Can I have the last say, cus i haven`t said nothing yet and i`m going for the sixth page

I`ve never professed to be the best sculptor or any where near for that matter so I actually don`t mind old grumblers comments at all, I`m not offended or bothered in the slightest. I thought it was all a bit of a laugh at first.

I don`t mind criticism, I`ve had it from the best, if you can learn or gain knowledge that’s fine. To be honest I haven`t really learned anything from any of the criticisms levelled at recent work. Don`t get me wrong, I`d like to have done but there`s no real input as such. That’s fine too, I mean lets face it, I`m not paying old grumbler to be my tutor so why should he, but that also makes it irrelevant to an extent.

No Offence Old grumbler but put it this way, if someone jumps in beside you in a car and starts telling how to drive your going to want to see their license, wouldn`t you agree?.

I`d say don`t take it to heart, I certainly wont.

Best wishes everyone
    Funky50, Gra30, Martin64 and 5 others like this.
  11. moz A Fixture

England
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    [IMG] 6th page WILL be mine mwaaahaaaaaaaaaaa
  13. moz A Fixture

England
    how many posts does it take?
  14. bobparker Member

England
    hear hear...........,and thats my first post in 10 years
  15. Helm A Fixture