1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Stormtroopers being ripped off by Polish Recaster

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Tecumsea, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mat,
    That! I did not know! This is so wrong of E-Bay! How corrupt ?? .. Its worse than 'Parliament'. :(

Mark
  2. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    Unfortunately, there is not much regular eBay users can do about this, as the complaint must come from the originator of the figure through VeRo program. VeRo really works... Taesung from Alpine used it number of times to stop eBay pirates from selling copies of his figures.

Stu, I think it is worth investing some time to find out how VeRo works so you could stop this guy.

Mario
    stu and Tubby-Nuts2 like this.
  3. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mario

I am Going to sort the VeRO ,,,,, its all in hand.

Stu
    Maki and napoleonpeart like this.
  4. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Respect Stu for your actions

Nap
  6. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Forgive me for not knowing who owns/operates Stormtroopers, particularly if he is a member here. The best course of action is for us to let him know about this, and he must follow up with eBay. The owner of the copyright is the only person who will have any standing to do anything to get the auctions shut down.

Beyond that, we can alert each other and other modelers to avoid this seller. But there's really not much else we can do.
  7. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Oh, duh! Sorry, Stu, I didn't know that you're Stormtroopers, and I hadn't read the whole thread. You've taken the most effective steps, at this point, short of going after him in court, insofar as those means are available. I hope eBay and PayPal follow up appropriately for you.
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  9. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    I reported this Hungarian fellow on the 3rd of August here, but that's to no avail as long as the rightful owner of the copyright doesn't take action, unlike Stu. As modellers we are better informed nowadays then say forty years ago, so we know a lot more about new releases, who produces what figure or bust, by whom it is sculpted, all illustrated by box art or in progress shots in fora like this one, so no serious honest modeller can plead ignorance and buy from these shady recasters, so who buys their stuff ????
    jenghiz likes this.
  10. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yet again someone with no shame, I know some of the stuff he has ripped off. verlindon , Pegaso, young's Miniatures to name but a few. such a shame.

Ian
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

A much thought out reply has been received.....ready for this........

ok.....

Yes that was it !

I have sent another message but I reckon he is just plain stupid or not bothered

Nap
  12. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    This is a plague indeed.
    Stuart, I am stunned with the cost of a bust like these and with all you have to pay to get this beauties in market. Never thought to be so expensive.
    Piracy is a felony and I dont understand why Ebay let this things happen???

cheers,
    Pedro.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  13. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    It is certainly not a good painter who will buy a recast copy ! Why waste hours of painting a bad copy of the original ? I don't understand it. Moreover, even if the recast was a perfect copy of the original, you must be a ¥*£€¥'l£¥€ to buy a recast.
    Alex
    Gambler, Blind Pew and Blue Thunder like this.
  14. Nap Moderator

England
    Here is his reply ...think he is getting jittery ...

Hello.
    I sell at such price as he wants.
    Lady also has a small price to your auction.
    How these questions ?

No idea what he is on about though!

Nap
  15. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    As a manufacturer I can testify to the expense, and sheer effort to produce miniatures. I think most producers now make little
    profit from their ventures but are driven by a passion for the hobby, and the hope that the effort is received warmly from the model community. It is galling to think that someone can steal hard earnt efforts and people can buy from them to save a few pounds. Some weeks ago a thread declared that the model figure community never had it so good, but it also maybe the high water mark as some manufacturers start to ask themselves is it worth it. My sympathies Stu, I hope you can sort this out.

Rob
    Funky50, housecarl and DEL like this.
  16. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    On Richies link I spotted models taken from...
    Alpine
    Young Miniatures
    Life Miniatures
    Romeo Models

I don't know the manufacturers in person so please pass the word if you know who to tell.
    Cheers
    Mat
  17. red tom Active Member

United-Kingdom
    The 'battle on the ice' vignette is Verlinden
  18. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  19. dfmoss Member

United-States
    I forwarded this thread to my sales person at Andrea Depot USA. Looks like the guy is hitting them as well. I hope the affected artists and manufacturers can do something to help put a stop to it. Ebay needs to get proactive on it.

(I manage a hobby shop. The internet hits us hard enough as it is - we certainly don't need this, as well!)
    Tubby-Nuts2 likes this.
  20. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    As I read Stu´s "Price list" for a bust I thought I read the list for a 54mm figure of my own range. It is for us "little"firms hard to get the money back for the produced figures. It is more a hobby for me and I have my own figures. But to see them as recasts at ebay or somewhere else as Stu´s ones is hard. But we have here in Germany some great electronic markets with a slogan "Geiz ist geil" = "Miserliness is horny" (hope it is the correct translation). And I fear too much people are looking only at the price for a figure and they don´t know nothing about the costs for a "original" figure or (better) they ignore it, only to get a cheap figure.

Stu : If I can do something please led me know
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.