1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Stormtroopers 120mm Panzer Meyer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gothicgeek, Sep 24, 2010.

1. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
  2. Ferris A Fixture

I like Mark's version better Pedro...!

But in its genre this looks pretty good as well though, a bit skinny maybe.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  3. Ferris A Fixture

Mark,

Great painting, once again...!
    Love the map.
    Question: did I understand correctly that you painted Klear over the decal and then soaked it to get rid of the paper part of the decal?

Cheers,
    Adrian
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    I post this figure to show the yellow shoulder straps, nothing more.
    Off course Mark´s figure is better, this is a source of an action man not a resin or metal figure.:cool:
  5. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well thanks Markus, Pedro, Stu and Adrian for all the input on the Waffenfarbe and the pictures :)

Adrian, I used Decal paper that I had already sprayed with Klear, painted the design and then re-coated with Klear HTH..
    Stu, that is a great picture :)
    Markus ... I'm sticking with the white and many thanks :)
    Pedro, I like the look of the bigger "Battle Barbies" and plan on doing some work on a few one day :)

I have signed off on this and did a revision of the box-art as I spotted a few dots of weathering mud that just looked like holes :(

Here he is finished and thanks again for the input and comments :)

[IMG]
    unknown01 and pinsel like this.
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Another cracker Mark.
    Carl.
  7. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    He looks like "Panzermeyer"

Hi Mark!
    Maybe is my taste, but the buckle seems a little to dark, with a dry brush with Gun Metal or graffite powder, the visual result improve to a much better stage.:cool:
    Nicely done Mark.(y)

[IMG]
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Mark, if I'm honest I think you've done better work than this recently mate. It seems incomplete somehow, almost as if you rushed to finish it and didn't quite add all those little touches that usually lift your figures to the next level. Please don't take offence, I mean this as constructive criticism. I've seen what you're capable of, and this figure doesn't seem up to your usually very high standards.
  9. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Carl ... Thanks mate :)

Pedro ... Your a life saver! and Thanks :)

Tony! ... Thanks for your very candid comment and as you know from my PM's I was a bit unhappy with this figure myself. However after a bit of time away from it and doing a comparison with the other pieces I have done for Stu, I'm a lot happier with Meyer! I think he fits into the range okay .... probably ;) again thanks for the input, it gave me pause and I will be following your advice soon :)

Okay, here is the final version of Meyer ( Belt Buckle!!! Thanks again Pedro ) and the boxart, also my compilation picture, the next 3 are 1.started, 2.here and 3.waiting to be cast ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    How time flys mate, I didn't know that you'd done that many.
    Carl.
  11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    "Pedro ... Your a life saver! and Thanks:)"
    "Okay, here is the final version of Meyer ( Belt Buckle!!! Thanks again Pedro ) and the boxart..."

Mark, that's what Friends are for.:)
    You can be proud with all of the stormtrooper gem´s that you painted. Truly inspirational.:)
  12. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    your painting tempted me to order one.its hard to withstand such tempations for long.even if i will not get such an result iam keen doing it.
    keep going i like your painting.
    cheers