1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Stormtroopers 120mm British Para Arnhem 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Chris Oldfield, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

Here's 3 images of another latest completed work, Stormtroopers 120mm British Para Corporal at Arnhem. I bought this figure in 2005, & believe it's now deleted from their catalogue. The figure & base were painted entirely using Vallejo acrylics, apart from the metalwork on the MP40 which was Rub n' Buff over a black basecoat. Final matt finish was done with Testor's Dullcote sprayed through an airbrush.
    Comments welcome once again.
    Cheers,
    Chris.
    Babelfish, chailey, Maciej and 5 others like this.
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent paint work Chris. The camo pattern on the denison smock is very cool. It turned out really well.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    You're on a roll mate, the Denison smock is very well done. Shame that they've stopped doing this figure.
    Carl.
  4. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Thanks all for the positive comments so far! I followed Gellso's method for the Denison smock, although I think the next time I try it I'll use a darker green & reddish-brown. Colours were blended using a wash of Vallejo Brown Glaze, which also picked out the seams etc. on the smock & I was quite happy with the result.
    Cheers All,
    Chris:)
  5. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great paint job chris, its always great to see my figures painted. the cammo is very good, gellso's method seams a good one for british cammo.

With regard to the figure, it has been moved into the blacksheep range and will be available only from me as and when, usually at shows so as to stop recasters profittering

Stu
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Beautiful Chris!:)
  7. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very Nice indeed :)

Mark
  8. Ferris A Fixture

Cool job on a cool figure Chris.

I like your choice of colours for the denison, particularly the green. And you got a nice faded effect as well.

I find the machine gun a bit dull though. I would give it a slight satin varnish to spice it up a bit.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  9. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Stu,
    Thanks very much for your kind comments, it means a lot to me to have my figure praised by its sculptor. I think I enjoyed painting the base more than the figure, because there were so many different tones & textures involved that it was fun to constantly experiment in order to see what colours & techniques would work the best. Thanks again, & it's nice to hear the figure hasn't been deleted!

Adrian,
    I'll bear in mind the satin varnish tip for future weaponry, thanks very much! With Dullcote you get a completely flat finish, & I can see what you mean about the weapon needing to pop out a bit.

Cheers,
    Chris.
  10. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    The daftness of British camo is pretty neatly replicated.