1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Stormtrooper 60th (Royal American) Regt 1812

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Paul Kernan, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Stormtrooper PPST27 60th (Royal American) Regt 1812
    200mm Bust
    Sculptor: Maurice Corry

I picked up one of the latest offerings from Stormtrooper this past weekend at MMSI in Chicago. What can I say....love the Napoleonic subject matter, especially from the War of 1812 and yes, my American friends, we did win this one......who invaded us and who now owns Detroit;)

I always promise myself, I will complete what I currently have on my workbench before starting a new piece but this one is such, that it has been bumped right to the front. I have already contacted Stuart to tell him, it is probably one of the best casted pieces I have worked on. No damage, no rough casting, no air bubbles, minimal seams and a great fit. Other than a swipe of filler along the right arm under the epaulette, it was ready to go.
    Maciej, sd0324, Inaki and 2 others like this.
  2. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Paul

Having seen this I agree a great sculpt from Stormtroopers , lots of excelkent lace work and a natural pose as well

Good colour schemes as well , green with red facings

Looking forward to seeing more

Nap

image.jpeg
    Paul Kernan and anstontyke like this.
  3. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Sorry folks, I'm trying unsuccessfully to post some prepped photos. Not sure what the problem is but I'll try again later
  4. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
  5. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
  6. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    That is a lovely bust, following for the painting.
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  7. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    The more I look at this the more I like it

Following with much interest particularly the way you do the uniform colour and lacework

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  8. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    That's a beauty.

Marc
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  9. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

You guys can have Detroit back. Would probably do better. :)

\
    Steve
    Paul Kernan and napoleonpeart like this.