1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Stoke Model Show/Figureworld West, 25th March 2018

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by valiant, Jul 31, 2017.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    John - Ive put your thoughts to the committee, so Im just waiting for some responses. I hope, in spite of your reservations, you can make it again this year.

Steve(y)
  2. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well, it looks like we've made some progress regarding the figure and bust categories and initial thought are that we will have two classes, up to and including 75mm figures and 76mm and above and busts up to 200mm and 201mm and above...

I will post definitive info here as soon as it's all been ratified!

Check out http://www.stokemodelclub.co.uk/stoke-on-trent-model-show--…

Cheers

Steve(y)
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well folks, two weeks to go till our show. Everything is in place, floor plan sorted, traders confirmed, clubs confirmed, re enactors confirmed, burger van booked, inside catering sorted! All we need now is people through the door to make this one the biggest and hopefully the best, yet!

Doors will open for setup from 7.00 AM and could I respectfully ask any traders to remove their vehicles from the unloading bay to the main carpark, once unloaded, so that others can access the main hall, thanks. Public entry will be from 10.00 AM.

Competition rules and categories are on our website above and let's hope we have another bumper set of entries again, this year. Trophies will be awarded for 1st and 2nd in each category and a certificate will be awarded for 3rd place.

All show information will be available both on the website and the FB page - I look forward to seeing you there!

Steve(y)
  4. mick3272 A Fixture

Good luck with the show I hope all who attend has a great day.
    Sorry I can't be with you
    Mick
    valiant likes this.
  5. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  6. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just a reminder for those attending our show that British Summer Time starts at 2.00AM Sunday, so dont forget to change your clocks!!(y)
  7. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  8. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    OK, then - Doors open at 7.00 AM Sunday morning for set up, we will be there to direct and assist. The loading bay will only be open until 9.00AM after which it will be locked for the rest of the day - can all traders please ensure that vehicles are removed once unloaded, as there will be no access at all after 9.00AM - this is a school issue and not anything that the club are able to change, sorry. At breakdown time, vehicles can be bought back up to the front entrance of the school, for loading up, but there will be no access to the loading bay.

There will be the usual burger van outside the venue for food and drink and there will also be refreshments available inside the show. We will be running a tombola, but no raffle, this year.

We look forward to greeting all friends, old and new and wish everyone travelling to the show, a safe journey.

See you Sunday!(y)
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Have a great show Steve and all attending

Post pics !

Nap

PS ..Thanks for reminder ref BST !!
    valiant likes this.
  10. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pics to follow, in due course!(y)
    smudger1960 and napoleonpeart like this.
  11. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys - Just a big thank you to all who attended the show today - It was really busy and Im afraid I didnt get chance to speak to everyone I wanted to! It was our biggest effort yet and was well attended, for pretty much all of the day. The competition attracted a huge number of entries - so much so, that we ran out of entry forms! I will post pics as soon as I get them.

Thanks again from me and all of the rest of SOTMC for making it a brilliant day!(y)
    mick3272 and swralph like this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Well done Steve to all that organised and took part

Nice one everyone

Nap
    valiant and swralph like this.
  13. swralph A Fixture

Had a nice couple of hours at the show today Steve:).
    It was certainly more busy than last year.
    valiant likes this.
  14. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Ralph - sorry I didnt get to chat today - It all went so quickly!(y)
    swralph likes this.
  15. Helm A Fixture

England
    Was great to see you and the usual suspects today Steve. A great show this one
    Steve
    valiant likes this.
  16. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Steve - the cheque's in the post!!(y)
    Helm likes this.
  17. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    napoleonpeart likes this.