1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Steve Warrilow - Trooper/lancer Western Front 1916/18

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Richie, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    Here is the 2nd kit I picked up from Steve at the White Rose. Enjoy.

The Fusilier's - WW1 British Trooper/Lancer, Western Front 1916/18 in 1/24 scale.

The kit comes packaged in a plastic sleeve with Steve's company livery card. The parts are all secured again in internal plastic bags, in the reverse of the sleeve is an instruction sheet, with parts list and painting instructions.

CIMG5304.JPG CIMG5305.JPG CIMG5306.JPG CIMG5307.JPG CIMG5308.JPG

The kit comprises of 8 parts cast in light grey resin. The quality of the sculpt and casting is superb, with minimal clean up and the usual casting blocks.

The Main Body.

CIMG5310.JPG CIMG5311.JPG CIMG5312.JPG CIMG5314.JPG CIMG5315.JPG

The Additional Body Parts & Equipment.

CIMG5316.JPG CIMG5317.JPG CIMG5318.JPG CIMG5319.JPG CIMG5320.JPG CIMG5322.JPG CIMG5324.JPG CIMG5326.JPG CIMG5393.JPG

The Base.

CIMG5309.JPG

The Whole Kit.

CIMG5395.JPG CIMG5396.JPG

In Conclusion.

There has been a great revival in WW1 sculps lately and these are some of the best I've seen. For me to go out of my comfort zone of the Zulu War which is my passion, break my promise and buy these figures then they must be good. The last thing I expected at the White Rose was to walk out with these and I am so glad I did. Top job Steve, a pleasure to meet you and a very satisfied customer.
    I would certainly recommend these to anyone. All his other stuff in various scales I viewed is just as good. I will review another Fusilier figure soon.
    The only downside is Steve has no website link on his information.
    Hope you enjoyed a look at this figure as much as I did.
    cheers
    Richie
    DEL, Wings5797, Fex and 1 other person like this.
  2. m@rp Active Member

Belgium
    Well
    Steve is come back on the market.
    It's a good new
    Pascal
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Richie ,

The Fusilier range is a great series and this is a particular favourite , thanks for the review some really nice details on the figure .

Look forward to seeing more from you on their stuff .

Nap
  4. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Thanks for the reviews Richie!

Knowing Steve for many years, I'm very glad his range gets some public attention here on the forum! Steve's grasp of the anatomy and pose of the serving soldier and his choice of subjects from the Great War is really outstanding. BTW have a look at his new release of WW1 pilots.

cheers,

Piet
  5. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    How can I get hold of Steve? I'm after one of his British cavalry/Yeomanry from the Middle East.

Many thanks,

Mike
  6. akaryu Moderator

Belgium