1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Steve by Steve by Steve

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Helm, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Colin, it's definitely an eye catcher for sure. Thanks Ron from you that's praise indeed but don't worry I can't see you asking me for quite some time :D
    Steve
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    Just a quick couple of pics, to show the planned base layout and a couple of tips for those who do get this figure to show where the wire that I believe Steve is supplying (If not 15amp fuse wire is perfect) needs to go. As well as the pic he sent me which shows it clearly, (the collar is lifted up nice bit of detailing that) for one end and there is a hole in the ear peice for the other,. With hindsight it's a lot easier to attach it to the head end,then glue the head to the body :facepalm: than vice versa I speak from horrified realisation of my own stupidity :meh: the other one runs from either one of the two lugs on the 320 along the rear of the battery and to the moulded wire on the figure's smock
    Steve
    CAM00077.jpg CAM00078.jpg CAM00079.jpg head set wire.jpg
    Wings5797, 1969 and billyturnip like this.
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good point regarding the cable attachments mate (y)
    I like the look of the base with the cap badge in it's proposed position, works well and makes for a nice display.
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I also like the way you've chosen to display it Steve but one thing has been bothering me now for seven pages..... were you really ever that good looking? :D
    Wings5797 likes this.
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
    Ta Steve, strange but true Rog just shows what leading a life full of sin does to you eh ?
    Steve
    Wings5797 likes this.
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I thought it might be artistic licence, like getting Brad Pitt to play real life ugly soldiers. :D
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    Might be a bit of that as well ;)
    Steve
    billyturnip likes this.
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    Just about done, still some final detailing left which I'll get to but to all intents and purposes I think it's finished unless your eyes know better and please do say so. It's been a pleasure and honour to do this figure. Thanks go to everybody who's commented on it, with a special thanks to Tony Dawe without whose SBS I'd still be floundering and Carl for his invaluable help with DPMas well. Final thanks go to Steve Readdie hope it looks OK to you mate
    Steve
    IMG_20150101_170112.jpg IMG_20150101_170216.jpg CAM00084.jpg CAM00081.jpg CAM00083.jpg
    1969, Richie and Tarracus like this.
  9. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Very nice indeed mate

John
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Thanks John glad you liked it
    Steve
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Excellent Steve, your best yet. Like what you have done on the base too, groundwork looks like the Falklands and just enough to go along with the Sigs badge.

Roger.
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Rog I figured a very minimal groundwork would go best. Glad somebody else does too :D
    Steve
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    It's minimal but it looks like where it's supposed to be. (y)
  14. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Yep works for me Steve. Well done on this one and the presentation is spot on. Glad you used minimal groundwork on the base after all the work you put into the figure.

Barrie.
  15. Helm A Fixture

England
    Thanks Guys input like that is invaluable
    Steve
  16. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,
    You should be very proud of what you have achieved here. It looks "Victor, Echo, Romeo, Yankee - Golf, Oscar, Oscar, Delta". Over(y)
    cheers
    Richie
    P.S. another Drew immortalised in resin(y), well done Steve & Steve.
    Wings5797 likes this.
  17. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Richie always good to have CSA (Chimps Seal of Approval) added to your figure
    Steve
    Richie likes this.
  18. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Terrific finish to the figure Steve, it was a real challenge for you but looks like you conquered it in the end. Good choice to go with the minimal groundwork, doesn't distract from the figure at all.
    You have done the figure proud mate.

All the best
    Steve
  19. Helm A Fixture

England
    Glad you liked it mate, made it worthwhile that (y)
    Steve
  20. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great finish Steve.
    You must feel pretty chuffed not only with your work with the figure but the fact that it's portrait of You.
    Very well done Mate........Your best to date? Maybe the Minion Saga pipped it to the post :whistle:
    All the best for 2015 Mate,
    Keith