1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Steve by Steve by Steve

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Helm, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Helm A Fixture

England
    Ta Rog
    Steve
  2. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
  3. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
  4. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice start to the figure mate, beret colour looks spot on to me, hope you are having fun with it (y)

Cheers
    Steve
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers folks, yup Steve had reservations on the colour when it was first on but it's settled nicely into what it should be, having lots of fun ATM but plenty of time for that to change :D
    Steve
    Wings5797 likes this.
  6. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Nice start Steve, looking forward to the DPM.

Barrie.
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    You might be Barrie lol thanks for your comment
    Steve
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,
    Nice start mate, I don't envy you the DPM and radio set, but if you can't paint yourself there's no hope for the rest of us;), looking forward to the future progress.
    cheers
    Richie
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Richie got no excuse for the face being wrong for sure
    Steve
  10. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Surely you were never that good looking Steve , so how much extra did you have to tip Steve to make Steve look good looking . :D
    Joke apart this is a really nice piece and very special one off .
    chippy
    Helm likes this.
  11. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Steve that's a great start.(y)

Cheers Ken
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Chippy it isn't a one off, but it is a limited edition from Steve. You know what they say a good artist flatters his subject :D Thanks Ken
    Steve
  13. Huw63 A Fixture

Great artist do self portraits. Great idea which I'll follow with interest.

Cheers

Huw
  14. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Huw
    Steve
  15. Helm A Fixture

England
    Done a bit more started the dreaded DPM :nailbiting: Only done the back, this is an experiment so please comment on if the colour and shape of the green looks ok it will be totally hidden on the finished figure so re-paint won't be a problem. Also I've done a little more work on the face added a bit more of the "cold" skin and started to shade the dirt/cam cream areas. Included are two pictures Steve Readdie kindly sent me of the interior of the smock note the right side of the collar interior is DPM also as it's the material that goes behind the zip. Like I say any and all comments good or bad very welcome on this one in particular. Oh and don't know if it shows but the trousers and smock will slighty differ as I never had a set of combats that were a match colour wise. I'm using Tony Dawe's excellent guide to DPM as a basis for how I'm tackling this so cheers Tony (y)
    Steve
    CAM00168.jpg CAM00169.jpg CAM00173.jpg DSC05739.JPG DSC05740.JPG
  16. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice to see you started the DPM, good idea to practice on a non visible part of the figure, colours look spot on for a bit of a faded look rather than 'straight out the stores' (y)

Steve
  17. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Steve that's what I am after along with miss matched smock and trousers (y)
    Steve
  18. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Rolling along nicely mate (y)....a good 'self' portrait......well....almost :LOL:
  19. Helm A Fixture

England
    Thanks Ron as ever your input is always appreciated :ROFLMAO: Seriously glad you're on board
    Steve
  20. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks like the right colour of green mate but if you look at your smock again there are large parts that are green. If you don't fill it then you'll see more of the light khaki colur which isn't as prominent as the green and brown.
    The beret colour looks great.
    The colour looks good so far though bud.

G