Stefano's Crimean war veteran - part 1

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roc, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Roc Active Member

United-States
    [IMG]

[IMG]

The figure is not yet complete, and I imagine you must be curious about the end result, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I completely removed all superficial details from an old figure of a Dutch Lancer that I originally sculpted for New Marengo.

I started with the legs, carefully reconstructing the trousers, trying to create folds as reasonably as possible, albeit it is difficult to see in the photos.
    I repositioned and reshaped the arm and the back of the hand.

I used the same head that I originally sculpted for the Dutch Lancer, I tried to keep the same expression originally sculpted.
    I removed the hair and the sideburns and repositioned the head.

Many of you are asking your selves why did I choose a piece with only one arm, the answer to that question , simply put, is less work…

Goodbye for now, in a few days you will see the veteran of the Crimean war come to life, stay tuned for part two.

Ciao
    Stefano.
  2. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Stefano...I'm looking forward to you sculpting the uniform and details so we can get an idea of how he will look...I know this is a favourite period of yours so he should develop into a very interesting character.

Thank you for the translation Roc..

Roy.