1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Stefano's complete article on the Crimean veteran

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roc, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Roc Active Member

United-States
    [IMG]

The figure is not yet complete, and I imagine you must be curious about the end result, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I completely removed all superficial details from an old figure of a Dutch Lancer that I originally sculpted for New Marengo.

I started with the legs, carefully reconstructing the trousers, trying to create folds as reasonably as possible, albeit it is difficult to see in the photos.
    I repositioned and reshaped the arm and the back of the hand.

I used the same head that I originally sculpted for the Dutch Lancer, I tried to keep the same expression originally sculpted.
    I removed the hair and the sideburns and repositioned the head.

Many of you are asking your selves why did I choose a piece with only one arm, the answer to that question , simply put, is less work…

Goodbye for now, in a few days you will see the veteran of the Crimean war come to life, stay tuned for part two.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Dear friends ,at this point, I believe the figure has begun to assume an identity, enough to be discerned by its proportions which give him character.
    The decorations and ornaments have not yet been sculpted.
    It’s interesting to see the figure develop to this point.

After creating the jacket, I began work on the hair, beard and the hat.
    Once the hand was sculpted , I redid the border around the cuff; and added the sash around the waist.

My favorite sculpting medium of choice is white Milliput , other fine artists prefer Duro or A+ B, but I use what works best for me.
    I also use this product to sculpt masters for various companies, I really like the results that I get from using this product; I think it’s kind of a mania with me at least when I’m not working on the white marble from Carrara….
    After creating the jacket, I began work on the hair, beard and the hat.
    Once the hand was sculpted , I redid the border around the cuff and added the sash around the waist.

My favorite sculpting medium of choice is white Milliput , other fine artists prefer Duro or A+ B, but I use what works best for me.
    I also use this product to sculpt masters for various companies, I really like the results that I get from using this product; I think it’s kind of a mania with me at least when I’m not working on the white marble from Carrara….

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Hoppppla!!!!!!!
    This is an immage of the completed figure, our veteran is finished.
    After adding all the various details, the figure is surly more convincing, what do you think!!!!???…

At this point the sword belt, sabretache and cartridge belt will be added during the painting phase of the figure.

What do you think about the idea of mass producing and commercializing this figure, It would not be a bad idea, would it???
    The piece is so beautiful that can’t wait to paint it.

Good bye for now to all my friends of the Planet.

Stefano
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Stefano, thank you very much for the excellent tutorial, I'm sure it will be a useful tool and appreciated by every member from every part global comunity.

Thanks again
    Your friend
    Roc.
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stefano,
    This is a great article, thank you for posting it. If you are thinking of making this a commercial figure, I'll be the first one in line for one.
  4. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Stefano..beautiful work..you add so much character with this figure.
    He looks like a very proud veteran now. Thanks for sharing this with us all.
    I bet there are some of us that would love to know how you applied the braiding so accurately... :)

I love it.

Roy.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Stefano,

I like it very much.

Marc
  6. elvis A Fixture

Great work my friend, I think that is a great work, and the friend Fabio nunnari he will very happy. ciao from Luca :lol:
  7. Johnsonva New Member

Hi Stefano,

Was Sargent Bruse your insperation for this figure? In any event you are doing great work. I can not wait to see the finished product.

regards,

Loren

Attached Files:

8. Stefano Borin New Member

United-States
    Yes it is, John
    I have lot of other inspiration from photos.
    If you have some idea from a particular subject by kind of photo please get it!!
    It could be to usefull for me!!

ciao Stefano :)
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent article Stefano............many thanks for taking the time for us.