1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Stefano's article on musicians of the guard

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roc, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Stefano just e-mailed me this article which I translated and posted for your pleasure.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    As a general rule, in choosing subject matters to sculpt, I have always had a predilection for unusual subjects. These two in particular.
    The idea came to me from two drawings, thinking about two musicians of the guard . The first thing I thought about was the disastrous retreat from Russia, but seeing the spectacular uniforms, it seemed a pity to cover them in blankets and rags. I than thought of a camp situation. In reality, from reading the chronicles of the time, even the musicians were in the front line during the heat of the battle, and like all soldiers were not immune to cannon balls and enemy cavalry attacks.
    The painting is very interesting in fact in this case a bit different from my usual technique, I tried to give the colors a pastel look , in order to create natural and realistic looking colors.
    I hope you enjoy my latest creations.

Your friend and fellow member.
    Stefano.
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    More pictures.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]\

[IMG]

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Rocco,

Thanks for sharing. It is incredible. Such a great sculpting. How he did the instruments??? Sculpted by Stefano himself, or buying it??
    I really wanted to know.

marc
  4. BESPJL Active Member

Portugal
    Hi Roc!

Thanks for forwarding this remarkable work.

If Stefano could send more info concerning the sculpting and painting phase that would be wonderful.

Cheers,
    Paulo
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    There are not many things that you can say about those really awesome figures. I'm just hoping that they will be commercially available so we can also enjoy painting these beauties. I wish that Stefano was producing for the market more napoleonics, since his subjects are really interesting. So what do you think Stefano? Are we gonna see any of them available in the market?

Xenofon
  6. Stefano Borin New Member

United-States
    dear friends
    theese figure are not for comercial, are to sell as scratch.
    I could understand you Kisifer but it's really dificoult to propouse this kind of subject for comercial.
    Thank you very much for your approvation.

ciao Stefano
  7. Stefano Borin New Member

United-States
    Thank you very much Roc for for your avalebility to translate my works
    I don't know what I could do without your helping.

Ciao Stefano
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Stefano, these figures are truly beautiful, what a piece of sculpture, simply superb...

Translating and posting your articles is my pl;easure.

Ciao

Roc :)
  9. nagashino New Member

Stefano

These are superb, and so different. Your sculpting is top rate, and I like the subdued effect of your colours. The paint job really sets them off. Well done!

Roc, thanks for keeping us posted on Stefano's amazing work. A shame these won't be available commercially, but at least we got the chance to see them here!

Cheers

Phil
  10. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Dear Stefano, thankyou for sharing the creative process with us, as it's great to see how the ned product was reached.

I reckon they'd be a decent market for this kind of figure as the vast majority of Napoleonics are static figures really. These would male a valuable difference.

thanks again
  11. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ciao Stefano, come va? You hit the nail spot on. I love napoleonic musicians and these are awesome. I like the pose alot too. Sory for not coming to St.Vincent this year.Say hi to all our friends there!!

Stephen Mallia
    Malta
  12. elvis A Fixture

:eek: great work my friend .. da fogo... ciao luca (y) :
  13. Stefano Borin New Member

United-States
    Caro Luca
    HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAWASSAUUUUNDSSSSSMMMMAAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the other.. it's only a joke!! :lol:

ciao Stefano
  14. fsdesimone Member

What a beautiful and interesting subject! Very inspirational.

Francesca
  15. Stefano Borin New Member

United-States
    Thank you very much Francesca!!!

ciao Stefano :)