1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Starlingrad Russian Girl

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mariobusta, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hey there , just completed this one . Its a superb figure from Stalingrad miniatures . Good to see some manufacturers producing such classy female figures ,when there is so many dodgy girlie figures around. She will end up ion a small diorama with a Russian BA 64 and another Starlingrad figure . Thanks for looking . russian girl fin 02.jpg russian girl fin 01.jpg russian girl fin 04.jpg

Attached Files:

Steve, John Bowery, Uruk-Hai and 20 others like this.
  2. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    WOW, what a nice figure in its simplicity, nicely painted, love the face. I will enjoy seeing the other figure when it is finished.

regardsZane
    Mariobusta likes this.
  3. Dennis Active Member

England
    Great work, simple but very effective, I like Zane look forward to seeing this little beauty as part of a completed model
    Cheers
    Dennis
    Mariobusta likes this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Beautifull.

Marc
    Mariobusta likes this.
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What a great figure. We need more like this (in all scales) and less "pirate girl" / "nazi domina" types with fashion-mag faces, idealised curves and one tit hanging out :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: .

- Steve
    Mariobusta and swralph like this.
  6. swralph A Fixture

This a an excellent piece of paintwork,I really like the way that there is a faint showing of the undergarment(Bra?).
    And you a so right about dodgy girly figures.
    Mariobusta likes this.
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The hobby is a broad church and there's a place for 'girly' figures (some of the Andrea ones are very nice). And I've seen some really well done ones on show tables. My gripe is that for some reason, manufacturers seem to have tunnel vision when it comes to female figures and think that they should all be like that. So we get rubbish like the female Mongol archer that Pegaso put out a year or two ago. One of Pegaso's worst ever figures IMHO. What a wasted opportunity that was.

- Steve
    Mariobusta and swralph like this.
  8. Rauko Din Member

Spain
    I´m agree with you, maybe the manufacturers believe that most people who paint figures are male macho freakies.

I like very much the figure and how you've painted it.
    The only thing strange for me is why she smile in Russia during WWII.

Cheers
    Fer
    Mariobusta likes this.
  9. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great figure and great painting. :)

Xenofon
    Mariobusta likes this.
  10. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very, very nicely done!

:)
    Mariobusta likes this.
  11. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Beautifully painted! I would attribute the smile she has to the strength of the Russian civilian populace during, "The Great Patriotic War"
    As stated, loads of great diorama potential with this one.

Tom
    Mariobusta likes this.
  12. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superbly handled painting, loved this figure when I saw it released, top notch job! (y)

-Rich
    Mariobusta likes this.
  13. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks for the comment Steve , have to agree with you ,there are not nearly enough realistic female figures out there , Thank God for companies like Stalingrad who release such beautiful ,character fulled figures .
  14. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks for the comments Guys , One of the reasons I was attracted to this figure was because of the smile and I thought it would be nice to do a diorama with a lighter theme ,instead of the usual stony faced tankers and war is hell dios .

Cheers
    Neil
  15. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Gotta agree with you on the Mongol Archer , surely one of the worst ever ! . but like you ,I like the Andrea Pinups also the scale 75 Steamwars girls and Nocturna do some amazing female figures ,all done with a bit of taste .There definitely could be a lot more realistic female figures ,I would love to see more historic females ,it seems like we have done all the usual subjects to death and it would be nice to have something different .

Cheers

Neil
  16. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    There is a lovely bit of animation and life in this painted figure, great work!!

I agree, there is a need for more realistic (well, real!) figures in the market.

Love the details on her blouse, I think the beauty of this is the simplicity of the scheme! Less is more!

Cheers

Jamie
    Mariobusta and Joe55 like this.
  17. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    She's a little beaut alright mate.
    Subtle with nice fine details, like Jamie I like the blouse stitching which is most effective.

The smile really does have an endearing quality about it & Stalingrad produce a fantastic range that add a dignity to the people of the Great Patriotic War.

Stay safe
    Mike
    Mariobusta and Jamie Stokes like this.
  18. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Jamie said it very well.

I think you have a little gem there Neil (y)!

Joe
    Mariobusta and Jamie Stokes like this.
  19. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    She's a beauty, Neil. Very nice painting, I love the subtle details.
    Look forward to seeing her in the scene you mentioned, sounds great.
    Cheers
    Mariobusta likes this.