1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Star Wars Speeder 3d Print

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by Ethan, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    So my little brother is involved as much, if not more in this 3D printing venture as I am. He however is much more interested in doing vehicles and spaceships than figures. This is his project and it will eventually be quite large but here is a test print at 1/44 scale and 108mm in length.

BTW let me know if there is any interest in buying this Speeder at this scale or 1/48 scale. We may put a small run together and print them off once we get it all cleaned up.

No cleanup done yet, straight off the printer

100_1468-1.jpg

100_1471-2.jpg

100_1472-3.jpg
    gordy likes this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Incredible detail for the scale! :wideyed:
    Ethan likes this.
  3. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    What is the printer model you guys are using?

BTW, the print looks really good.
  4. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Amazing Print job. How hard was it to assemble your printer? I'm thinking I may go with the b4 if Formlabs doesn't get off its duff and start offering theirs now that the kickstarter is finished.
  5. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Gordy and Piotrec! The printer is called B9 Creator

Rk, Thanks, the printer wasn't hard to put together; just time consuming as is everything! I would agree with you on your choices. Our engineer still hasn't given us the updated software so I would wait around until we get a chance to see how much that effects our printing quality. We are also going to be getting some more pigment for the resin and darkening it quite a bit; the exposure time has a tendency to make havoc with the layers above and some parts are still coming out without details.
  6. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
    Not bad Not bad, but I see layers. that is layer thickness?
  7. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Not really, the layers do show up but after 30 min of cleaning you would never know. I'll post some cleaned picks tomorrow. the print was at 50 Micron layers x, y, z.