1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Standardbearer of Charles d'Anjou 75mm Pegaso

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Aveleira, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi,

This is my new parallel work, since I'm not finished with other figure. It is quite beautifull. I love all the subjects regarding Middle Age, so anything from this period is quite welcome to my bench.
    It's a little tricky in assembly, because I found out that pinning the main pieces (legs and torso) of the body is very very needed. It's a lot of weight to be only fix by superglue and epoxy, so a little strong fixing is required.
    Also, the assembly of the main parts (including cape) must be done before the painting process which will give little room to work in some areas, but you can't have everything.... Cause if only glued some parts after painting woud have to deal with some visible joints...specially in the cape.

The figure totally assemblied, with some parts only dryfixed:

P1019643.JPG

Is really heavy and tall with standard. It will be a joy to paint, lot's of details and folds.
    From here I primed it and took pictures with the light coming from where I wanted so I'll be able to see the highlights and shadows when painting.

Anjou 2.jpg Anjou 3.jpg Anjou 4.jpg Anjou 5.jpg Anjou 6.jpg

So I'm ready, willing and able to start to aplly some painting to this beauty.

Regards
    Pedro
    Kisifer, ChaosCossack and Steve like this.
  2. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    Hi Pedro,
    It's a fabulous figure...I haven't done my heraldry yet, too chicken:eek:
    But it has lots of variety to increase one's painting skills.
    Mary
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Always liked this figure.
    You gonna get a great job on that.
    Looking forward to the next pictures.

marc
  4. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking forward to seeing how you paint this!(y)
  5. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Waiting with baited breath
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Pedro
    This figure is going to be awesome! What will the colour scheme be? Great idea taking primed photos to see the shadow plasement... I'll have to try that
    Don't forget about the other piece... I've been waiting to see that one finished!

Will be following this one with great interest

Colin
  7. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal

I'm gonna paint it like the art box. I really like it, and make the heraldry gonna be a challenge.

Regarding the other one, I am just waiting to get enough time to do it right! I think that a lot of time is needed to make the mixes to paint the goldbraid and paint it as good as possible. When I try to do things quickly normally goes wrong...so better to wait. I'm kind of busy now, and I started to do this one slowly, just at night, an 1 hour or so a day...cause it's the only time I got right now, and the assembly is something that can be postponed any number of times...

Well, I think the pictures can be a help...you don't have to look always to the art box, or keep putting the figure under a light to see if it's allright... let's see the afermath ;)

Regards
    Pedro
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  8. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Very nice! I like this figure a lot and I look forward to watching your progress!
  9. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Last night I sat down a bit at my bench and worked on the chain mail. For now it's just painted without any dust and weathering. What say you?

Anjou 7.jpg
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  10. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looks good... not too bright, weathering will help ou too

Carry on

Colin