1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

'Stand Fast the 42nd' - Carl Reid

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Grod, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Folks

Available soon is this 5 x figure resin kit diorama sculpted for me by Carl Reid in 120mm scale. It depicts a knot of Highlanders of the Black Watch during the Waterloo campaign who are under attack from French cavalry. The two standing pieces were released earlier and we have now added a further three figures;
    Ensign with Kings Colour
    Sergeant with pike
    Kneeling private.

The price for the 5 x figure set is £155.00
    The price for the Ensign, sergeant and kneeling private is £95.00
    The price includes standard worldwide shipping and for insured posting is an additional £5.00

If anyone is interested in obtaining these figures then please send me an email and I will send payment details once castings are available.
    Not available on any website.

Cheers
    Gordon

Attached Files:

2. misfit151 A Fixture

Another dynamic set Gordon....a real cracker.....well done to all Mike(y)
    Grod, captnenglish and Viking Bob like this.
  3. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    OMG,they build/sculp faster,than anybody can paint.Must have!Is there a second French line lancer in the pipe?(y)
    Grod and Viking Bob like this.
  4. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is beyond awesome, :eek::eek::eek: Really look forward to getting mine

A must buy for all Napoleonic fans

Tommi
    Grod likes this.
  5. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    A beautiful set, without a doubt........you chaps will have to break out the tub of tartan paint again:LOL: And no cheeky peeking under those kilts !:woot:

Alan
    Huw63 and Grod like this.
  6. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tom
    I like the idea of an attacking Lancer. The Line Lancer trooper I have from 'The Clash' may work as well as the cuirassier trooper from the Heavy Cavalry duo as I think the cuirassiers had a go at the highlanders as well as the lancers.. I'm not sure If I could justify having a new one done for this set but its worthy of consideration.
    Cheers
    Gordon

Attached Files:

OldTaff, Huw63 and Ben-nl like this.
  7. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Up to the sculptor's usual spirited standard. The 42nd lost their colonel to a lancer at Quatre Bras and then went on to fight valiantly at Mont St Jean/Waterloo.

Mike
    OldTaff, Huw63 and Grod like this.
  8. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Cheers Mike!
    Thats right, I think it was Colonel McCaragh (If thats how it's spelt). He was initially wounded and was being carried from the field. He was attacked again and the Scots considered it murder, and took it personally.

Carl
    Grod, Huw63 and Tommi like this.
  9. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Our dog Ernie enjoyed the first two from the set for his dinner :LOL:

Tommi
    Grod and carl reid like this.
  10. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Favorite subject matter..... check. Favorite among my top three sculptors.........check. Outstanding sculpting and presentation.......check.:)

I'm going to go positively broke if Carl doesn't slow down with these superb releases!
    Tommi, Grod and Chrisr like this.
  11. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Outstanding Gordon. I admire your skill and productivity. Together with Moz, you have certainly raised the bar on sculpting figures. Brilliant work.

Chris
    Grod likes this.
  12. Huw63 A Fixture

That is a really amazing composition - what a lovely set of figures.

Cheers

Huw
    Grod likes this.
  13. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States

Maurice Corry is in my top three favorite current sculptors also. ;)
    Grod likes this.
  14. carl reid A Fixture

England
    I've just dug out the info.
    His name was Cololnel Sir Robert Macara. He was wounded and was being carried from the field, when he and his stretcher bearers was taken prisoner, pillaged and killed on the spot.
    The 42nd witnessed the act and considered it an act of murder. Not war, and took it personally!

Carl