1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Stalingrad Sentry 1/35

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by sam b, Jan 8, 2012.

1. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all,

I thought I would show you this little vignette that I have been toying with over the last few days.

The figure itself is a Hornets 1/35 German in Great Coat, the head is from Mantis miniatures (the gimp on the motorbike), the base and all the other bits (bar a few) are all scratch built by me.

What I am going to attempt to do is; paint so that the light from the brazier is the only light source (i.e. the scene is at night, so no light from above, the only light is coming from the flames of the brazier). I have never tried painting like this before, so it could be a disaster but heyho....you don't know till you try I guess.

The scene is night time in Stalingrad, minus 15 degrees and the guy is trying to get any bit of warmth he can - he's taking a bit of a chance with the snipers.

Hope you like it, will keep you posted but would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks, Sam Brayne

Attached Files:

2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Ambitious project Sam, if you pull it of it'll look stunning.
    I see you've thinned the rim of the oil drum down.
    Keep us posted,
    Carl.(y)
  3. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very interesting idea Sam and looking forward to following . A great build and set-up BTW. (y)

Cheers Ken
  4. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yeah, cracking idea Sam, hope to see more soon and a very nice start by the way.

Cheers
    Dave
  5. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Great idea friend...very atmosfairic!!

Alexandros(y)
  6. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    If you manage the painting well, the results would be awesome. Good luck :)

Xenofon
  7. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Your off with a very ambitious start, Sam, but I think it will be a cracking piece! (y)

Eddy
  8. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all ,

Thanks for the support , I may crank up airbrush to night and add some block colour .

cheers
    Sam Brayne
  9. eissteban Active Member

France
    nice idea (y) i like it
  10. DarioZ Member

Nice start !!(y)

Regards
    Darek
  11. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    This is going to be wickedly good, can't wait to see it done, great start