1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Stalingrad Duo...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kiwi45, Aug 5, 2011.

1. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Beautiful work. I really like how the diagonal cut line on both figures lines up so well, which adds a little more depth. My only critique would be that I think the guy in front would look better if the straps that are dangling loose were cut off at the same level as the arms (like the sling on the rear guy). That would give the impression that they go on down and attach to the belt. As they are they look like they are unattached and flopping around. The blood around the mouth and nose of the guy in back could probably be a little more brown unless you meant to show him actively bleeding.
    I like it a lot, well done.
  2. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Many thanks Carl, Marc, Ben, Eddy, Jimmy, Daniel, Brian, and Jason. I will look at the suggestions as this bust is yet to go on its base which has a forward slope to match the bust's. the blood on second figure is supposed to be still trickling as shock waves from shelling etc still going on... once again many thanks guy's. Les
  3. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    Outstanding
  4. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    OOPPPS! I learned something new tonite. I was looking around at pics of German WWII harnesses, and the two straps shown dangling loose SHOULD be dangling loose, they were used to attach to an A-frame pack or rucksuck. Just looks odd, usually on smaller figs they are shown as if they attach to the belt. :whistle:
  5. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Thanks Phil, for your comments.
    Jason the loose strap has been trimmed to suit angle of bust and looks much better (thanks), even though they are sometimes not attached. cheers Les
  6. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Well guy's, here is the final layout of the Stalingrad bust duo, with a couple of minor items to touch up. although in the pic it doesnt show the angled top which is same angle as the bottom of bust's. many thanks for all the positive comments. Les

Attached Files:

Meehan34 likes this.
  7. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Just magic mate! You should be very proud of these two & I personally find them an inspirational artwork. Thanks for sharing & I hope to one day see them in the flesh.
    Keep it up :)
  8. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Many thanks for your comments Mike, coming from an artist like yourself I take it as the highest of compliments .thanks Les
  9. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Les,
    Top notch duo, superb work and arrangement. I just love the way you have captured a forlorn look in the eyes.
    cheers
    Richie