1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Stalingrad Duo...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kiwi45, Aug 5, 2011.

1. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Hi Guy's, well here is the completed (apart from the base) Young Miniatures Duo, painted in WN oils. all and any comments welcome. Les

Attached Files:

2. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Les, man they have come out Great! Look forward to see them in the flesh.(y)

Regards,John
  3. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Dear Les Smith,

Congrats a million times! And I have so much to say...

1. This is one of the most stunning displays of Young Products to me. It is full of stories and feelings, with similar promises from a quality cinema trip.

2. I have not paid due attention to this project since it was first posted in Planet, so I don't know the details of modification beyond the obvious fact that both are based on a latest German bust. The biggest mystery is the modified head (bust behind). Where does this head come from? I almost own all German busts by the manufacturer but this does not seem like a Young's head. Curiousity is burning with a vengeance...

3. Very,very persoanlly, I feel that blood might not remain around the nostril and mouth areas for bust behind. Not that he has healed so quickly, but if he could get geared up again, surely he has had his face cleaned up somehow? Just my two cents.

Outstanding and the talk of the season at least! Salutes!
  4. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Awesome Duo, love the chilled look Les, very realsitic. From the helmet to the worn boots and the frozen blood on the face, very convincingly portraid! Another oiler, gotta love that too. What a cool looking pair.

Cheers, Ski.
  5. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Many thanks guy's, John I will bring this pair to next Fig. meeting
    Steve thanks for your kind words.
    Michael, many thanks for your kind words, yes I thought about the blood around face and decided to leave it as sometimes wounds continue to bleed for some time after. the head on rear figure is from YM1817. Les
  6. winston Active Member

France
    The paint of these two bust is great but for the part wood of the is not exactly as the real wood, it will be better with more work on it. Except this little thing your work is stunning.:)
  7. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Wow, Les these look amazing. I prefer it if figures draw you in to a scene, capturing the feeling of the time and this does exactly that.

Congratulations on a first class job mate!

Dave
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent work Les. I'm reading The Forgotten Soldier at the moment, and you've captured the futility of war wonderfully.
    Carl.
  9. meizi Active Member

China
    The pair look quite amazing Les! First class, just more than words. I like the way you paint.
    Congratulations.
    Meizi
  10. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Would you belive it, so am I!!!!!!
  11. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Apart from all the inaccuracies it's a good read Dave isn't it?:cautious:o_O;)
    Carl.
  12. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes its very good, I like the diary type accounts, you get a real feel for the cold and conditions...........highly recommended!
  13. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Many thanks for your comments, David, Carl and Meizi.
    Carl & David, I have read "Forgotten Soldier" three times, great book and a little of the bust duo is from that book. thanks Les
  14. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Great work Les ! You have captured some very nice skin tones for the eastern front ! The two look superb together(y)

I like the gritty combat feel you have captured ! Very nice paint throughout... Allthough I'd be inclined to tone down the wood areas a little though.Do you use acrylics or oils ?

Very inspirational work:awesome:
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Les,

Marc
  16. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice indeed, these two busts fit perfectly together. Your flesh paint work is spot on for the freezing winter that they fought in. Great stuff
    Ben
  17. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Excellent work, Les, lovely composition!
    Very convincing skintones!
    Eddy
  18. jimmyoc Active Member

United-Kingdom
    top stuff, great composition,
  19. Trep Active Member

United-States
    That is pretty cool a double bust, I have not seen that before and it works well in what was done here.Good work.
  20. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I've been looking forward to seeing this completed les,great work you have completed my friend,i love the idea you came up with to put these two togerther,nice to see you hav'nt shyed away from bood and weathering either,i love the finished piece and congratulations on a great result.

Brian (y)