1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Stalingrad '43

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Im thinking about doing a small vignette of some Russian Infantry guys in Stalingrad 1943. He will be one of them if I decide to go ahead and do it. The figure is a 1/35th scale figure from the Tamiya Russian figure set, I resculpted the left arm and the hands to make them fit better with the ppsh. He's basically done, just need to weather him which I'll do once a base is made. Let me know what you think!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Im thinking about doing a small vignette of some Russian Infantry guys in Stalingrad 1943. He will be one of them if I decide to go ahead and do it. The figure is a 1/35th scale figure from the Tamiya Russian figure set, I resculpted the left arm and the hands to make them fit better with the ppsh. He's basically done, just need to weather him which I'll do once a base is made. Let me know what you think!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Anders, Nice work

The red x shows up but after some cut & paste I could see the pics

That's not bad for a Tamiya figure, is that the kit head ?

Have you seen the new Dragon Russian tank riders, very nice figures for plastic, I got a set the other day just for reference ;) and the artwork of course
  4. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Anders, Nice work

The red x shows up but after some cut & paste I could see the pics

That's not bad for a Tamiya figure, is that the kit head ?

Have you seen the new Dragon Russian tank riders, very nice figures for plastic, I got a set the other day just for reference ;) and the artwork of course
  5. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    That's Geocities image linking policy, you can seee the pictures from thier site but link them from another site (pF) and you'll get red X's :(
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    That's Geocities image linking policy, you can seee the pictures from thier site but link them from another site (pF) and you'll get red X's :(
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    hmmm...........the only thing I get on my screen is 4 lines of "user posted image" no pics at all
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    hmmm...........the only thing I get on my screen is 4 lines of "user posted image" no pics at all
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Was first time that I tried to link from my website, guess it dont work to hot huh! But Ive fixed them now :)

Leigh, yeah , the head is the original kit head, not the best in the world but Ive seen worse. Probably will use the kit heads on all of them. Im not much of a fan of Hornet heads, although some of their character ones are great.

Hopefully ya'll can see them now :)
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Was first time that I tried to link from my website, guess it dont work to hot huh! But Ive fixed them now :)

Leigh, yeah , the head is the original kit head, not the best in the world but Ive seen worse. Probably will use the kit heads on all of them. Im not much of a fan of Hornet heads, although some of their character ones are great.

Hopefully ya'll can see them now :)
  11. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    I can see now (y)

great job! you must be working like a madman over the winter-break ;)
  12. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    I can see now (y)

great job! you must be working like a madman over the winter-break ;)
  13. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gordy!

Heh, yeah, Ive been painting quite a bit over break. Everybody has gone home over xmas break so I stay and paint :) Done 3 figures this week
  14. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gordy!

Heh, yeah, Ive been painting quite a bit over break. Everybody has gone home over xmas break so I stay and paint :) Done 3 figures this week
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks terrific Anders........how many figures are you planning on for the vignette?
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks terrific Anders........how many figures are you planning on for the vignette?
  17. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guy!

Im not quite sure probably 3-4 figures, maybe more.

I scribed a brick wall section for the vignette the other night, took two hours to do :| Only have one or two more sections to go :)
  18. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guy!

Im not quite sure probably 3-4 figures, maybe more.

I scribed a brick wall section for the vignette the other night, took two hours to do :| Only have one or two more sections to go :)
  19. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders,

You are quite the busy bee!! I wish I could get something done this quick! I look forward to seeing it finished.

Joe
  20. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders,

You are quite the busy bee!! I wish I could get something done this quick! I look forward to seeing it finished.

Joe