1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

SSR Models the Winter Soldier

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Malcolm, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Malcolm Active Member

So, 3D printing, who else thought it was done on loads of pieces of paper and stuck together afterwards?
    Only me then.[IMG][IMG]
    Still don’t claim to know how it works, but have a rough idea after watching it on you tube and talking to loads of people.

Robert Aspinall for introducing me to the idea.
    Frank Glackin for pointing me in the right direction and his recommendation.

To name but a few, so onto my first ever 3D printed figure, 1/16 scale of the winter soldier from the Avengers film series
    All primed and drying

The figure is from [COLOR=var(--accent)]SSR Models.[/COLOR] 39FB9ABD-4FA5-471E-9ABA-01DCD921DDAF.jpeg E21E4F5B-872D-4604-A51A-8873E71EE014.jpeg A21B5C04-3A95-4B7F-822D-0548AC9EA5A8.jpeg C9D25255-0183-491C-B517-21100E1B27F4.jpeg ECDC050D-B447-438B-9BD0-3E6D4A3CEF05.jpeg 41DA39A3-32E4-494E-AB3C-7780815B1E65.jpeg 5F67B95B-3106-4A15-A2D1-D390126F6AB7.jpeg 1E6B027C-01C7-4FC7-BE20-01B7FE21F1FB.jpeg
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Malcolm

Looking at this reckon it might not be your last 3D figure

Not my thing but a interesting figure for sure

The base looks full of stuff to paint ....what's the inscriptions around it ?

Look forward to seeing more on this

Following with interest

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Malcolm likes this.
  3. Malcolm Active Member

Hello mate,
    Not quite sure about the inscriptions around the bottom, was going to paint them red and do the writing in gold.
    The base is a separate model within a model, looking forward to painting the explosion with the bits coming out.
    I don’t think it will be my last, being able to combine my favourite films with my modelling, all good fun.
    Thank you for looking and leaving a comment.
    Nap likes this.
  4. Malcolm Active Member

So I have spent the weekend working on the base and the explosion, ideally this could do with an LED light underneath, but I was never one for gimmicks, so I decided to paint it in artists paints, that are opaque so this would give the explosion a little bit of vibrancy.

The flag was first primed then sprayed with various shades of red before masking off the star and spraying, still needs a few shadows painted, but letting it all dry for now.
    The base was sprayed deep red then varnished and the words picked out in gold, this still needs a Matt varnish and some weathering and washes, but so far , so good. Really pleased with how this is going.

Attached Files:

5. Malcolm Active Member

Hello mate
    the inscription around the base is the words used to activate the character in the film ( Captain America Civil War)
    Its given me an excuse to work my way through all the avenger films looking for a reference to the words and have found it, forget how good the films are.

cheers mate.