1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique SS Panzer grenadier.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Lew J, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all, thought I'd post this. It's number two of four P grenadiers I'm working through.

He's had his head changed out again for a Verlinden one, and as usual painted in acrylics.

Sorry if some of the pics are a little out of focus and for some reason they all seem to be sideways, hope you like him so far.

Thanks Lew J.

Attached Files:

tissibzh, Steve, stu and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very, very good Start Lew.........although I had to tilt my head to appreciate it lol:p
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Because I'm so helpful, and I've a bad neck.;) I've flipped them for you
    Lew J.
    Looking good,
    Carl.

Attached Files:

4. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Dave, Cheers Carl don't get what happened there when I loaded them from my desk top they were all portrait and then uploaded landscape confused.com lol.

Thanks Lew J.
  5. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Carl.

Lew, the skin tones are wonderful, this has a massive potential, are the grenadiers forming a scene or are you keeping them as individual subjects.

Good stuff mate and following
    Dave
  6. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dave, they will be in a diorama with a Tiger tank in its winter white wash, I've already posted the two crew I've done and the grenadier point man.

I want it to be a heavy recon probe sent to look for another lost SS probe. The point man will be calling a halt to the patrol as he comes across a partially buried soldier face down in the snow.

I wont actually be going for any level of historical accuracy I'm just going for (hopefully) an interesting snapshot.

Thanks Lew J.
  7. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
  8. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all, just an update of where I'm at with this some bits are just blocked in and need highlights and shading.

Hope you like it so far.

Thanks Lew J.

Attached Files: