1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique ss Obersisturmfuhrer bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by sam b, Feb 14, 2012.

1. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all, I’ve been playing around with this bust for a couple of days now , he’s been primed with Tamiya spray witch I regret as it seems to have swamped some detail , but I’m sure it will be fine :unsure: All critique welcome .

Thanks for looking

Sam Brayne

Attached Files:

pmfs and kaz6120 like this.
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    :sneaky:interesting subject.
    Following Sam!:)
  3. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Sam who makes this figure ? and looking forward to following. (y)

Cheers Ken
  4. Dr Force Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Sam

Detail looks good to me so not sure which area's seem swamped?

Anyway mate, looking forward to seeing it evolve in to another quality piece(y)
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice bust, but i really don't know why he has not the right hand on the gun.
    That will look so much better in my opinion.

marc
  6. Einion Well-Known Member

Sam, the left shoulder and arm could do with being tweaked here, as it is the raised left arm kinda looks tacked on rather than being an extension of the shoulder.

I've been trying to find a WWII photo with roughly the same pose to illustrate but no luck I'm afraid, if you can't find one yourself if you have a jacket of roughly the right weight and cut check yourself in the mirror in this pose, see how the creasing goes. Take a photo if you can to work from, rather than trying to remember everything you see or hopping up and down repeatedly to check back in the mirror!

BTW re. the primer, you should be able to strip it off successfully without damage to the bust if you want to try again.

Einion
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice sam,look forward to watching its progress (y)(y)

Brian
  8. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all , thanks for all your comments .....
    Marc I have redone the right arm as you pointed out it would look better over the folding stock and i think your right .
    Ken this is a figure that I have converted from 200mm warrior figure .
    Einion thanks for all the advice it does help a lot and i will try to improve the figure .

sam