1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

SS machinegunner, Kharkov

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dinovision79, Aug 11, 2008.

1. ryall Active Member

New_Zealand
    John Rosengrant

Hi

The figure is sculpted by John Rosengrant I am 99% sure. I have the original in my collection.

I would like to know if this "recast" is allowed. If so I might by one. Does anyone know????

Ryally
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    You guys realize that you are supporting a recaster who steals legitimate kits and others hard work and sells them for his own profit right?

The 9th scale MG Gunner is a Kirin figure and the 9th scale Paratrooper is a Warriors kit that is still in production as far as I know. As if it wasnt obvious enough that the MG gunner is a re cast, the "included extra" Warriors head is a total give away. The guy have no shame thats for sure.

I am surprised that this discussion has been going on so long without anyone saying anything, re casters are the scum of this hobby and we should not support them.
  3. theseeker Member

United-States
    Anders,

I do not believe the original poster knew that he was buying a re-cast.
    My understanding is that the Kirin figures are OOP.
    I may be wrong.

Rocky
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Rocky!

Maybe not the original poster, but there has been some discussion on page 2 that this guy been selling these figures for years.

The 200mm figure from Kirin has been OOP for quite some time. The Warriors figure as far as I know is still in production, and if not it was for sure 3 years ago.
  5. ryall Active Member

New_Zealand
    Bad thing

Hi thanks for clearing that up, I thought in might be a naughty recast and very glad I didn't support it. It is a shame though that some great figures like the 200mm Kirin machinegunner isn't for sale anymore.

Maybe John could do another similar figure and put it under the S&T brand...............I can dream :)

Ryally
  6. dinovision79 Active Member

Hey guys,

I just don't want this discussion be misunderstood, I posted the eBay link for the 1/9 Kirin, because Rob asked who's the guy, it's obviously a recast, he is not even stating it to be original, the 1/9 para we didn't know was a Warriors one, never seen it and there are knowingly a quite few sculpts Kirin finally didn't release, thanks for clarifying that.
    l absolutely don't feel we'd be supporting that guy - or any other, just by writing about it (and I'm not buying copies) and not calling him a scum, unfortunately there will be always someone KNOWINGLY buying recasts and personally I consider Kirin recasts a much smaller problem, than recasting kits of functioning comapnys (btw, never got reply for informing co's about their kits being sold illegaly, so should one care for their business, if they don't, not even deign to answer?!).
    Anders, you mention the Warriors figure would be still in production, I thought they are not exsisting any more, their site is disfunctioned long time ago, or VLS carrying it on?

Denes
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Denes,

It is amazing how some companies dont really care about people recasting their figures. I guess it is because there really is not much you can do about it from the businesses stand point. The small companies don't have the time or money to legally persue them.

Warriors is still around, VLS bought them out few years back and incorporated their line into the other VLS lines. I just checked their website, and it seems like the paratrooper in question is indeed out of production. Atleast they don't have it listed on their site. Since MMD took over VLS they have taken a lot of kits out of production. If you want to see the Warriors Figures check out www.modelmecca.com or www.squadron.com, then do a search for Warriors.
  8. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    andres
    I am not sticking up for the guy but the para kit is not a Warriors kit. I saw an add from DML for it long ago that it was to be released by DML as part of their 1/9 scale line of motor cycles and figures but it was never released as far as I knew. When I got the kit from the ebay seller he stated it was an original cast he made as he owned rights to that kit. He also mentioned that he knew john rosengrant and had been affliated with the Kirin guys. So when I got mine I was under the understanding it was a legit kit that had never been produced by any manufactor. as far are the MGer, yes I would agree that they could very likely be recasts. But he wasn't selling these back when I bought mine.
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Rob,

I stand corrected, I was thinking of the other similar Warriors kit that was made into a bust while back. The master for that paratrooper kit you got is in Bill Horans Military Modeling Masterclass book page #45. Not sure how I got them mixed up, but for some reason I was sure they were the same kit, my bad.