1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique SS machine gunner, Budapest 1945 (1/9 Kirin)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dinovision79, Mar 28, 2012.

1. dinovision79 Active Member

Hello guys,

this is my latest figure, finished some months ago. A great, classic figure by John Rosengrant.

The set is Budapest, early 1945, near the end of the very tough siege on the capital, what had all negative aspects of urban warefare. The city was declared stellung with the Soviet Army's advance, the 100 days of fighting took high toll on all sides, including the civilian population and the infrastructure.

I made some changes and improvments on the figure, to have it a little different from the original version, the scenery is sratch, painted in acrylics and some enamels.

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment and post your opinion!;)
    Denes

5 WIP res.jpg X_IMG_8674.jpg X_IMG_8675_2.jpg X_IMG_8677_2.jpg X_IMG_8678_4.jpg X_IMG_8679_2.jpg
  2. Tarracus A Fixture

overhelming vignette! I like it a lot. congratulations(y)
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb work on the camos Dénes.
    What did you use for the tree, it looks alive?
    Carl.(y)
  4. Mark S Guest

Beautiful work, Denes.
    The overall result is just great.
  5. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    This is awesome, I could look at it all day and see more details! Very well done!
    Scott
  6. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Incredible camo painting and skin tones. What a paint job!
    Gary
  7. oldtrousers PlanetFigure Supporter

Great work on the camo, excellent painting of a classic kit.
  8. Vaux Well-Known Member

Spain
    WoW! Incredible feeling as you worked the hardness of the soldier on the front.

Congratulations!
  9. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice painting and some great conversion work. The basework is fantastic also.
  10. dinovision79 Active Member

Thank you all for the kind words :)
    It was a complex project, especially finding the good order of building to ease painting, also the scenery, which was planned modular and could be dismantled until the very end, figuring out all the fixing, pinning of parts. I've experienced and learned a lot, though many things would turn out better for the second time, I trully enjoyed the whole build, despite I did quit modelling for 6 months afterwards :)

Thanks again!
    Denes
  11. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Carl!

covered the body of the tree (made of plaster) with plane tree bark pieces It has nice texture and it's easy to peel it off from the tree, white-glued narrow bits vertically as close to each other as possible, trying to imitate pine tree bark pattern, then another layer covering the gaps of the first layer, pattern and thickness of the bark was done with a small dremel sphere bit.
    Really easy to work the dry bark, but use enough white glue to properly fix the pieces.

Hope this helps
    Denes
  12. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Man that is outstanding! The uniform is spot on and his beat up face is harrowing. The setting just adds to the ambient effect of it all
    Ben
  13. Tutilo17 PlanetFigure Supporter

Switzerland
    Saw this vignette at World Expo last year. I was honestly impressed.
  14. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Denes, lovely work in all aspects. First time I've seen this painted in cammo, excellent, and shows the depth of knoledge and understanding of the subject.

Superb

Stu
  15. Ferris A Fixture

Good to see another project from you Denes!
    Outstanding work. Your attention to detail shows in everything.
    Love the dark eye and grim atmosphere.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  16. dinovision79 Active Member

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys!

The camo combination might be extreme, but possible, anyway, I couldn't help...:unsure:
    I thought it would be a good idea to show some 'battle wear' on the face, not often seen, but I'm sure soldiers were and are bruised up, glad you like it.

Denes
  17. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Dénes.
    Carl.(y)
  18. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    This is totally Fantastic!!(y)(y). The bruised eye looks real and the whole composition is extremely well done! I agree with Scott, the more you look at it, the better it gets:notworthy: