1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique SS Gebirgsjäger

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jan, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Jan A Fixture

Started some weeks a go with this one, think i got the base one it and started to bring out the details and the structure. Still a way to go

DSC_6899.jpg DSC_6900.jpg DSC_6901.jpg DSC_6902.jpg DSC_6904.jpg

grtx Jan
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looking good Jan.(y)
  3. captfue Active Member

United-States
    fantastic so far
  4. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Very impressive Jan
  5. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Looks pretty good to me so far, Jan. Particularly like the gunmetal effect & wooden furniture on the MG34.
    Jed likes this.
  6. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jan, one of my favorite busts of WWII Krauts! Thanks for sharing your work. It sure is coming together nicely(y)

Best of Everthing, Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Military Figure Society of Atlanta, GA
    Jed likes this.
  7. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Looks good

Mobo
    Jed likes this.
  8. Heeresbergführer Active Member

United-States
    Bergheil und drei mal Horrido! Great looking Gebirgsjäger WIP.
  9. Corse New Member

Hello " Heeresbergführer",

I read - in 2018 - your comments at the 2012 forum on the bust made by "Fex" from "Papa" Ringel the General of the Gebirgsjägers.
    At that time I had just missed the sale on eBay of a Ringel bust that was offered in Italy.

I contacted Mitches Military who had taken the bust into production, but it was no longer being produced.
    At that time I was busy making a bust of Eduard Dietl on scale 1/10.

I had made the bust from leftovers of other busts that I still had, the head was a bit harder, I had this done by Scale75. (See attached pictures).

I have been modeling since 1974, then mainly at scale 1/35 and with Tamiya soldier etc. , I think that was almost the only manufacturer that produced WWII soldiers.
    I myself am from Belgium and have always lived in Lier, where Francois Verlinden also had his toy store. I usually bought the soldiers there.
    Francois then taught me a lot about painting techniques and weathering. In those days I went to the art academy, but I didn't like sculpting figures.

A good friend - in the early 80s - took over the shop from Francois Verlinden, Francois then had his factory in Lier op de Plaslaar. Later he moved to the USA to start Verlinden Productions.
    Recently I received a lot of figures on 120mm and 1/35 from Verlinden as a gift from my good friend, including the 1/35 and 120 mm figure of Eduard Dietl but also the 120 mm 'Go Para go'.

In 1980 I did my compulsory military service in Belgium with the Paracommando regiment, where we also received training in mountaineering.
    I also received my diploma in History with my thesis on WWII and specifically in connection with special forces such as the Gebrirgsjägers.
    So I got interested in making figures of these Gebirgsjägers. Now I am working on a 120mm scale diorama of 'Operation Mercury' (the battle of Crete) with Fallschirmjägers figures made by Jeff Shiu.

I still have some heads in scale 1/10 of Eduard Dietl, so should you be interested I can send you a head, possibly I can also make the body or bust with the Heeresbergfurher badge etc.

At this moment I have an idea to make a complete figure of Eduard Dietl on a 120mm or 1/16 scale. I asked Scale75 if one can make Dietl's heads on this scale since they have the program of the head at 1/10 on their computers. I asked Jeff Shiu if he could make it physical? I was still waiting for the wet word from both Scale75 and Jeff Shiu.

Attached Files:

10. Corse New Member

Hello " Heeresbergführer",

I read - in 2018 - your comments at the 2012 forum on the bust made by "Fex" from "Papa" Ringel the General of the Gebirgsjägers.
    At that time I had just missed the sale on eBay of a Ringel bust that was offered in Italy.

I contacted Mitches Military who had taken the bust into production, but it was no longer being produced.
    At that time I was busy making a bust of Eduard Dietl on scale 1/10.

I had made the bust from leftovers of other busts that I still had, the head was a bit harder, I had this done by Scale75. (See attached pictures).

I have been modeling since 1974, then mainly at scale 1/35 and with Tamiya soldier etc. , I think that was almost the only manufacturer that produced WWII soldiers.
    I myself am from Belgium and have always lived in Lier, where Francois Verlinden also had his toy store. I usually bought the soldiers there.
    Francois then taught me a lot about painting techniques and weathering. In those days I went to the art academy, but I didn't like sculpting figures.

A good friend - in the early 80s - took over the shop from Francois Verlinden, Francois then had his factory in Lier op de Plaslaar. Later he moved to the USA to start Verlinden Productions.
    Recently I received a lot of figures on 120mm and 1/35 from Verlinden as a gift from my good friend, including the 1/35 and 120 mm figure of Eduard Dietl but also the 120 mm 'Go Para go'.

In 1980 I did my compulsory military service in Belgium with the Paracommando regiment, where we also received training in mountaineering.
    I also received my diploma in History with my thesis on WWII and specifically in connection with special forces such as the Gebrirgsjägers.
    So I got interested in making figures of these Gebirgsjägers. Now I am working on a 120mm scale diorama of 'Operation Mercury' (the battle of Crete) with Fallschirmjägers figures made by Jeff Shiu.

I still have some heads in scale 1/10 of Eduard Dietl, so should you be interested I can send you a head, possibly I can also make the body or bust with the Heeresbergfurher badge etc.

At this moment I have an idea to make a complete figure of Eduard Dietl on a 120mm or 1/16 scale. I asked Scale75 if one can make Dietl's heads on this scale since they have the program of the head at 1/10 on their computers. I asked Jeff Shiu if he could make it physical? I was still waiting for the wet word from both Scale75 and Jeff Shiu.

Corse, my email address is erikvaes@yahoo.com

Attached Files:

Heeresbergführer likes this.
  11. Corse New Member

Hello Heeresbergfürher,

I do not know if you have received my update on this forum,I have entered a text and photos but I don't see many appearing, so another attempt. A bit shortened.

In 2018 I asked at the forum of "Fex", the maker of the Papa Ringel bust if I could still get it. I saw that there was a link to the British Mitches Military and I therefore sent an email but I was told that this bust is no longer in production.
    I myself am from Lier in Belgium, where Francois Verlinden from Verlinden Productions also worked and lived until he moved to the USA with his factory Verlinden Productions. I learned a lot from Francois, I also have quite a few figures of him, of course all painted.
    Recently, in 2018, with the help of Scale75, had Eduard Dietl's head made and a bust made of leftovers, Scale75 made me 10 heads with a cap,if you are interested I can deliver one to you, possibly I can also make the body or bust with the Heeresbergfurher badge etc.

In 1980 I did my compulsory military service in Belgium with the Paracommando regiment, where we also received training in mountaineering and I also got my diploma in history with my thesis on WWII and specifically in connection with special forces such as the Gebrirgsjägers.
    So I got interested in Gebirgsjägers, I'm now working on a 120 mm scale diorama of 'Operation Mercury' (the battle of Crete) with Fallschirmjägers by Jeff Shiu.

Regards

Erik @ erikvaes@yahoo.com

Attached Files:

Heeresbergführer likes this.
  12. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    liking this one
  13. Corse New Member

Some more detailed pictures of Dietl.

Attached Files:

• ED.jpg
      ED.jpg