1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Squadron Leader

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by NickM, Nov 23, 2012.

1. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Adrian, Mirofsoft and Carl, thanks for looking in and commenting.

Steve, I stupidly painted it as black coffee instead of tea too - should have been bloody obvious, but I somehow missed it ;)
    Cheers
    crf likes this.
  2. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Beautiful Nick. I have seen this one in the flesh, and it is better than the pics depict. Nick has hand painted the writing on the chalk board as well as painted the word "Poland" on the shouder boards on his uniform (you need a magnifier to read it!!!!!). The dog also has some pink shadings in the whites as the real animal has. Great stuff
    Ben
    crf likes this.
  3. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Excellent! Very well staged.
  4. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Very nice indeed
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    I just echo all the above. Great job on the scene. Being and ex evacuee I like the battle of Britain themes also.
    Cheers
    John
  6. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thanks John Long, Ken and John Bowery for your comments, much appreciated.
    I know what you mean about the Battle of Britain theme, John. The period has always been a favourite of mine too - there's something about how Britain, with a few remnants of their allies, were on the brink of invasion and the only thing stopping total Nazi control of Europe. Being an evacuee, it must have some pretty strong memories for you too.
    Cheers
  7. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thanks, Ben, glad you like it mate! Probably won't see you blokes before Christmas now, so have a great one (you too Tony!), and I'll hopefully see you both at the club next year.
    Cheers
  8. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    I echo the above-Great work overall!!
  9. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Cheers, Christos, much appreciated!
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    [quote="FigureLover. Nick has hand painted the writing on the chalk board as well as painted the word "Poland" on the shouder boards on his uniform (you need a magnifier to read it!!!!!). Ben[/quote]
    That's some bit of sign writing.
    Carl.(y)
  11. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    This is cool :cool:! You did a great job Nick!

Joe
  12. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Nick this is great work buddy ! Love it !

That is some awesome sign writing also !! A great touch with the Polish names ... What is your method for such neat fine sign writing ?

Keep up the great work ; )

Carlos
  13. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Great work. Maybe it is a little bit too clean overall. I miss some dust on the building, officers shoes etc. Nevertheless it is well presented and painted. I love the subject also.

I also miss polish subjects in the figure world a lot.
  14. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thanks Carl, Joe, Carlos and Piotrec for looking in and commenting. Much appreciated!
    Carlos and Carl, my mate Ben actually got it wrong above - the blackboard isn't hand painted, but rather printed, laminated and sprayed with Matt coat.
    I did paint "Poland" on his shoulder boards, but that sent me cross-eyed for a fortnight. No way I was going to attempt the blackboard... ;)
    Cheers