1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Special Commission for the Singapore Armed Forces

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by zyclyon, Mar 17, 2007.

1. zyclyon Active Member

Singapore
    Hi guys,

here's something to explain my long absence from the forums. It's a special commission from the General Staff of the Singapore Army to create a 1/15 portraiture of the out-going Chief of Army, Major-General Desmond Kuek.
    The figure was sculpted in Super Sculpey and epoxy putty where as the "fictional" Leopard 2A4 (the actual one is still classified) was built and modified from the 1/15 Tamiya RC version of the A6 by an old friend Julian Yap.
    You can check out more ramblings and pictures at my blog and webshots gallery:
    http://zyclyon.blogspot.com/
    http://news.webshots.com/album/558211754GRKaaC

[IMG]
    [IMG]

cheers,

Calvin
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Calvin, that figure is simply outstanding! The face is wonderful! That tank must be a beast! Nicely done for sure!!!!!!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    AWESOME JOB on the likeness, Calvin ;) !!!!! The tanker's overalls is also spot-on. As for the " fictional " tank :rolleyes:, what can I say : it looks FANTASTIC !!! I'm pretty sure Major-General Kuek was extremely pleased to receive it. Cheers !
    Kenneth :cool:.
  4. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Excellent Calvin.

John
  5. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Exelent work Calvin, the figure and Tank, the Singapure Army Staff must be Happy.

Congrats.

Alex.
  6. eissteban Active Member

France
    Hi Calvin
    the figure is so real
    congratulations
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Calvin, AWESOME! I really like the figure.~Gary
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Both are extremely well done. Don't show it to much, i almost want to build a tank again when i see this.
    Great work Calvin.

marc
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Calvin - that's superb! Very well done!

All the best,
    Dan
  10. zyclyon Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Gents,

thanks for the encouraging words. I have to say that this is one of the fastest commissions I've ever attempted and I'm quite pleased to get a pretty close likeness of the actual person. It was also my first time sculpting a 1/15 figure from the Super Sculpley Firm (with the exception of the armature made from epoxy putty). I've grown to like its properties for rendering larger scale figures such as this but reckon I'll still stick to epoxy putty for the 1/35 figures.

On a happy note, yes, the General was very pleased with the gift; which makes the Chief of General Staff even happier! :D

cheers,

Calvin
  11. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work my friend!
    christos
  12. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    fantastic figure mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Calvin
    ;) Good Work........
    unfortunately is not a period to me a lot known......
    but when a job is beautiful the being independently from the period.
    Compliments :)

Saluti MAB
  14. zyclyon Active Member

Singapore
    Thanks again for your encouragements. I've just managed to have some time to organize my desktop and here are some WIP pics of the project.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Julian holding the model.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Calvin
  15. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Lucky general.
    I hope the Belgian army will ask you to make such a figure of me. (In the offchange you can't wait sculpting, I was an artillery sergeant major)