1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Spec Ops Seal bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by sd0324, Oct 14, 2010.

1. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Just got this done....was a rush job for the Chicago show. Done in record time for me (5 weeks or so)....the slopiness shows,but I am pretty happy with him. What do you all think?

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Hi Steve,

This looks pretty cool. I saw this unpainted fig in Tulsa and it looked like a winner. Almost bought it but I thought the price tage was a little steep for my budget at the time. Can't wait to see this painted in Chicago! Good Luck.
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice work in this bust Steve, all ties together very well with your painwork.

just one point, the busts left inner sleeve could do with touching up as there is flesh tone on it, apart from that ,Great :)

Steve(y)
  4. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice

The overall tone is superb. The woven fabric of the body armour is outstanding. Very well painted.
  5. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    Great job, Steve. This bust really is a gem and you did it justice with your painting.

Wonderful job on the face and the fleshtones. I love the weapon, the custom camo job and the chipping is not overdone... very cool. I like the "tattoo" on the back of the CIRAS vest; it adds a special tough to the whole piece. How did you do the goggles? The visor looks really good.

Cheers,
    Mario
  6. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Maki.....the visor lenses are just black with Futute floor polish to give it gloss. Ineed a better way to do this. Now it is off to the Chicago show!
  7. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Steve,
    Great work...did a fantastic job on the paint work.
    Nice touch on the Seal frog on the back of the vest..
    Really nice to see it all painted up...I have bin so busy with my other jobs I
    haven't had time to paint the one I did for the box art.
    Have fun at the Chicago show this weekend and good luck!!!

Let us know how you did at the show.

Andy
    Special Ops Models
  8. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    I just got this figure and will be posting a review soon, Great looking paint job. I especially like the flesh tones (y)

Jim Patrick
  9. Maki Active Member

Croatia
  10. Ferris A Fixture

Very well done Steve.
    Good look at the show.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  11. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    nice job Steve
  12. ryall Active Member

New_Zealand
    Great job

You have done a great job on this bust
    The skin tone and face are done very well
    Would be happy to have this one shown on my site

Ryally
    http://www.brisbanemodelbuilder.com/
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Great job Steve,

I really like the chipping and scratches on the weapon, the flesh tones and the camoflague on the uniform. I would have painted his eyes looking down the barrel towards a target though.