1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sparten

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by RFL, Nov 18, 2010.

1. RFL Active Member

United-States
    The wonderful Spartan from Yedharo Models. All acrylics.

Attached Files:

mil-mart, TWOMOONS and gordy like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Stunning work. Maybe hard colors in the pictures.

Marc
  3. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Looks great Richard. I agree with Marc on the photos. Think they are a bit overexposed.
  4. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Great paintjob, Richard! Excellent facial expression!
    Cheers,
    Eddy
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Nice work Richard. I think the blue colour on the helmet looks rather out of place. Is this a photographic effect or something you painted on??
  6. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Better Pics

Thanks Marc, Dimitrios and Eddy !

guys, I agree that the pics are a bit too hard. Photography indoors with artificial light is a losing struggle for me.

Here are what I hope are pics that closer represent the actual painting, the skin is cooler, as in the paintwork, the cloak being a dark maroon red and the helmet more yellow-brown-black with black green/brown washes for age toning.

Tony--the blue is actually dull blue-green to represent Vergidis Green that occurs on older uncleaned bronze, it`s much more muted in the fig, but it perhaps should be toned down in a few spots Thanks for help on that !!

Attached Files:

7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Richard, excellent painting , especially admire the skintones and the vibrant red cloak . Congrats.
    Great touch with the blood splatter, just enough IMO. (y)

Cheers Ken
  8. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Yes Richard it looks way better now. Great work all around.