1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Spartan

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Hardy, Aug 15, 2009.

1. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Looking superb Hardy! The bronze, cloth texture of the cloak, and veins on the arms are all beautifully rendered.

Jason
  2. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Lovely work Hardy....can't wait to see your masterpieces and yourself that is at Euro next month :)

Keep us posted please as your work is very inspirational especially to me :)

Warmest Regards,

Samwel Vella =]
  3. Hardy Guest

Once again thanks all.

Sam. Really looking forward to meeting you and the other Maltese mafia. Is Ivan coming? Hardy.
  4. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Hi again Hardy,

Yes he will be coming along with 10 others or more( i don't know the exact amount) but i'm sure that this will be the biggest contingent from our club to be at Euro :)

Less than a month remains :) YES

cya there matey and keep up the great work :)

Samwel Vella =]
  5. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Awesome and Inspiring painting as always mate :) BRAVO!!!!

As for SLOW painting, as Wendy remarked, I'm in GREAT company too :p

Keep safe and see you soon :D

Ray ;)
  6. pkw4 Active Member

Italy
    Hi Hardy
    My connection has been down for a while but i'm back on line.
    Fantastic worki really like the reds.
    See you at Euro...only three weeks.
    Roberto
  7. rodrigrinch Member

Mexico
    hi Hardy, just impresive, really good job
    saludos
    Rodrigo
  8. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Fantastic !! another masterpiece as usual... The reds are stunning !!

cheers

Stefano
  9. Hola Hardy

Caught this tread a little late, was lazying around the forums lately ... so the Maltese gang is the biggest ever this year, so beware : )

Yep I am coming mate and love to see this Spartan, I see you could not resist this one after Girona ... awaiting to see the battered shield now!

Ivan
  10. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hardy,another lovely piece of work,the textures on the cloak are superb,i look forward to seeing this and some of your other works at Euro.
    PS any news on your DVD?
  11. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hardy,fantastic work,cannot add to comments,looking forward to seeing it at Euro,also been on your website,that U Boat Officer is outstanding,best regards, Rob.
  12. Hardy Guest

Thanks all. Work is progressing steadily on this one, im not rushing though. He is due for collection at MFCA next year.

The DVD is getting there, being edited at the moment. Not long now. Hardy
  13. Hardy Guest

The Spartan is getting there just the shield, shoes and scabbard to do. And of course the little things like wounds and blood! Might be ready for Euro, I hope so!!! He will be at MFCA, cant wait.

BTW The plume still needs shadows and toning.

[IMG]
  14. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Hardy your technic is fantastic,I' ll see your work live in a few days.
  15. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Amazing work...
    FeR
  16. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Hi Hardy,
    Your work is my biggest inspiration and motivation around ! I have studied your artwork and read all I can about your technique and it has brought my own standard up alot so just like to say thanks ! there doesnt seem to be many painters in oils these days... im lovein this your latest frigure also. Do you go back and paint wet on dry Hardy when your adding final high/low lights ? and if you do isit straight from the tube ?

Your biggest fan !!!!!! :)
  17. Hardy Guest

Thanks all.

Hi carl, thanks for kind comments. Yes I do go back and paint wet on dry, the mix is very rarely straight from the tube. Hardy
  18. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Do you thin with white spirit or linseed or similiar ? i paint straight from the tube,perhaps where im going wrong !!

Many thx Hardy :)
  19. Hardy Guest

I use W & N artists turpentine mate. Stinks the place out! Hardy
  20. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Haha..i know the stuff !! will try some out.

Thx again Hardy