1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Spartan Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by legend69, Apr 4, 2011.

1. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Everyone,

This is my first attemp at a bust using acrylics (I am nwely converted). I usually make 1/35 scale figures so this was BIG leap for me. Tried my best!

I am sure more experienced modellers will have some comments...so please be gentle:).

Oh, Idon't have digital camera so the pics are from my mobile camera..which means that they are pretty rubish.

Thanks,

Anthony

Attached Files:

Marcel, crf, mil-mart and 8 others like this.
  2. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Look great to me Anthony! Nice work.

Thanks for sharing your pics.

Gary
  3. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I can't see anything wrong with that, and I think there's a nice shield hiding away as well.
    Carl.
  4. pipetrepid Active Member

United-States
    very good first attempt! you`ve got talent at sculpting and painting. keep it up! bill
  5. nanos7 New Member

United-States
    I don't have a lot of experience in modelling but I have a lot of experience in photographing models so I like browsing through photos and although it seems the pictures don't do you justice personally I think it's awesome and you've done a fantastic job!!! well done anthony! :)
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Superb painting, whether its your first effort at a bust, or not. Great stuff.
  7. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well done Ant, I checks and metals (y) Mobile pics are pretty darn good too!
  8. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Nice one Ant !! a very good first bust, there will be many more I'm sure.
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    This is great. Hope to see more of your work.

Marc
  10. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Dear Ant, the result is pretty good and the shield excellent! As a personal thought, I would prefer more contrast on the metals, but may be is the photo quality.

Since you live in Athens, I urge you to partecipate to the 12th Athens Show ( http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39263 ) to exchange some opinions on figures !
  11. Einion Well-Known Member

They're not bad at all! Sort out your lighting and they'll do fine, for larger-scale stuff like this at least.

Overall I think you've done a very decent job Anthony, especially for someone new to this scale where acrylics are not ideally suited.

BTW if you want critique be sure to select the right prefix, that way members will know you want it without having to read the opening post.

Einion
  12. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    I liked your metal color and a shield.
    Very cool.
    I congratulate completion.

Mitsutaka.
  13. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Nice work for a first attempt at this scale.

Cheers David
  14. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I hope this is the 1st of many you paint! Not bad at all
    Sam
  15. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks to everyone for their encouragment and great comments. Will hopefully post my next achievement soon.
  16. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice. The colours and tone come together well. Can you tell us what you used for the metallics?
    Ta for showing us,
    Grant
  17. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Grant,

I just used acrylic metallic colours and some inks (andrea if I am not mistaken) - but to be honest I just started painting metals (shields, helmets etc) so I woudl deffinately like some input on this point, as I have seen some other metallic effects on ther figures in the forum which are fantastic ( i think a more in depth search of the forum topics is in order).

Ant