1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Spanish Conquistador -Post Militaire 70mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Major_Goose, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi ladies and gentlemen. after the marcomanic i wanted to switch century and style, so i picked of the dust my Spanish Conquistador . A figure sculpted 18 years earlier but still a beayty to me .

I kicked off doing 70% off the face and started also the metals on helmet and armor cuirass.

The pictures are 4 days old, and i have progressed more but didnt had time to shoot more.

In coming days you will have the total picture. and i still havent done a base for it .

Actually i made one, but i thought it dint suit well so i will make another

All comments welcome

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Nice job so far, Costas!

If the rest will be like the skintones and your armor, it will sure turn out to be a real beauty. I will watch this till the end.

Keep them posting, your on the right track!!

Eddy.
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    That's an excellent start Costas. I believe that your best flesh tones and also the metals really rock. Keep up this way and you will have a master piece in your hands soon..

Xenofon
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    That is really good my friend!I like it better than the marcomanic.It will be a great figure!
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    This is indeed a vintage figure, I remember doing this for a collector, wish I still had it.

Nice work so far, looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good Costas. This has been one of my favorites of the old PM line.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks very promising Costas.

I like the face you did. Would love to see the finished work.
    So, keep posting.

Marc
  8. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hello Costas I must say that as beginning and just good
    it compliments and good continuous

MAB ;)
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Costas, You're off to a good start. that's an old "classic" that still holds up well to today's figures.~Gary
  10. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    I like the face, very good start with a sunburnt look. Is the metal polished and then painted, or just painted? The colour looks very realistic.
  11. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Costas,

You have a nice start. I have to admit I still really like this kit. I have also picked up the Jute twine for you and and few other things. Will get them out in the mail to you in the next day or so.

Joe
  12. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Looks pretty good to me Costas. Nice looking metals but the flesh is even nicer. Looking forward to more from you.

Jim Patrick
  13. Brad S Member

Costas - Looks good to me. The fleshtones and armor look spot on. Cant wait to see the finish!

Brad Spelts
  14. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot guys . Now its finished and posted so you can comment onthe total !!!
  15. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Sorry to forget ...

Metal WORK WAS LIKE THAT :

I dont prime metal surfaces.

I undercoat with Modelmasters Metalizer titanium color i then make the metal shining by rubbing it .

Then i use mixes like washes that are made from silver printers ink mixed with Black , and Cassel earth oil colors highly dilluted with tarpentine.

I make the areas of light and shadow adjusting the toneof the color adding more or less oil color .

Then for high highlights i apply some almost solid silver ink and downgrade it with light washes of burnt umber . In darkest shadows i apply solid cassel earth color thined .

thats it

I hope i helped