1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Spanish Civil War - Arcabuz Miniaturas

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Paco, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Paco A Fixture

Spain
    Dan Morton, Reptor, T-34/85 and 13 others like this.
  2. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nice little bust Rafa, especially the emotion on the face.
  3. Paco A Fixture

Spain
    Dan Morton, T-34/85, Fokionas and 5 others like this.
  4. Paco A Fixture

Spain
    Dan Morton, Reptor, T-34/85 and 4 others like this.
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    The P.O.U.M. ("Partido Obrero de Unificación Marxista =" Workers' Party of Marxist Unity ") was the stalinist spanish communist party whose armed militia (like the bust) fought on behalf of the Republic against the Franco-coup ...

[IMG]

This guy might be the template of the bust...:

[IMG]

---------------------------------------------------

The officer is a commandante (major) of the core troop of the Franco-fascists - the Spanish Foreign Legion, which was actually stationed in Morocco - and at the beginning of the civil war with planes and ships of the Nazis and the Italian fascists - under cover of German naval forces (the pocket battleship "Admiral Scheer"!) were transported to Spain.

Without the legionnaires, a rogue force known for their cruelty, Franco could not have won the Civil War ...

Here we have a commandante of this "Legión Española" - the man in the picture is none other than the fascist-chief Francisco Franco himself ...:

[IMG]

What is still missing is now an Interbrigadist - for example, the German Thälmann Battalion ...:

[IMG]

Maybe their War Commissioner Willi Breidel ...?

[IMG]

A beautiful bust of a female militia fighter of the anarcho-syndicalists L.B.T. exists already from "FeR" ...

[IMG]

Cheers
    Babelfish, captnenglish and Inaki like this.
  6. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  7. Paco A Fixture

Spain
    Perdona Eduardo, las figuras de cuerpo entero son en 54 mm.
    Me equivoqué al copiar/pegar
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    An outstanding set of releases from a largely ignored era.

Can you tell us the prices??

-Steve
    Nap likes this.
  9. Rafa Cebrian Active Member

Spain
    I wanted to make a nuance: the POUM was a Marxist party opposed to Stalinism, in fact it was faced with the communist party, although both were on the Republican side.
    As a critical party and at enmity with Moscow, from the beginning of the conflict it represented a problem for the government of the Republic, in need of Russian support. In the so-called "Facts of May" of Barcelona in 1937, the POUM joined the anarchists of the CNT. When the hostilities ended the communists took control of the government of the Republic, which triggered the repression of the government of Negrin against the POUM. Most of the party leaders were arrested and accused of being a fascist connection. Behind all this was the secret service of the Russian NKVD.
    In 1938 the leaders of the POUM were tried and condemned for rebellion, although thanks to the mediation of various republican leaders they avoided condemning the death penalty. By then, the POUM was already a clandestine party that had been greatly diminished by the repression it had suffered. Finished the war it continued in the clandestinity fighting against the regime of Franco.
    Dan Morton, Martin Rohmann and Inaki like this.
  10. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    These all look great but IMHO 1/16 is to small for a bust and it would seem that most manufactures tend to aim at 1/9-1/10 scale which is perfect for us visually challenged painters and they just look good at the bigger size, some companies started producing 1/12 scale and now here is a further slip down to 1/16, where will it stop 1/35?
    TERRY
    housecarl likes this.
  11. Rafa Cebrian Active Member

Spain
    For those interested, I have written some articles about these busts and the figures, but they are in Spanish and in pdf format. If someone is interested, I can send them to you. I also have in PDF format the catalogs with figures and prices. My email is arcabuz_rch@yahoo.es

The prices are:
    Bust of miliciano 27 euros
    Bust commander of the legion 25 euros
    Republican soldier 54mm 20 euros
    Republican officer 54mm 20 euros

Shipping not included.

More details through the mail.

Regards
    Rafa - Arcabuz
    Fokionas, Babelfish and Nap like this.
  12. Rafa Cebrian Active Member

Spain
    Ok Terry, the choice of scale 1:16 for the busts is personal, it is a size that allows a painting easier and faster, and the character of collection that this series will have seems appropriate. I have been doing busts on this scale for years and they have a good acceptance.
    Of course, if one day I want to print them on a larger scale, I do not have any problem, just that the cost goes up considerably.
    Thanks for the comment.
    Rafa.
    housecarl likes this.
  13. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    And can we exspect an Interbrigadist...?

Cheers
  14. SUPER ANTO Well-Known Member

Spain
    Great graphic apportation, Martin.
    Only a minor detail about the POUM.This party was not a "stalinist" party, their ideology was more close to Trotsky than Stalin, like the writer George Orwell.
    Therefore during the spanish civil war the NKVD agents (before KGB) in Spain search the elimination of everything disidents no stalinists. In this was a great help the spanish leaders of the spanish communist party (PCE).
    One of the most hated parties for the stalinist was the POUM and his leader and founder, Andres Nin.
    After his cessation as Minister of Justice in the Catalonian Gobernement (with strong pressure from the spanish comunists) Andres Nin was arrested for NKVD agents and close after, he dissapared.
    His body never was found.
  15. Rafa Cebrian Active Member

Spain
    Yes Martin, there are many characters on my list and of course the international brigades will be represented. In the Spanish civil war there were brigade members from many countries. But time to time, one step after another ... It's a lot of work.

Rafa.
    Martin Rohmann likes this.
  16. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

A couple of great releases both figures and busts in a long neglected area ...3D ....perfect tool for the scale and these will be appearing in my GA very soon ..once I have sold the kids !

Keep a copy of the busts for me Rafa !

As for scale ....with 3D details are excellent n mater what scale ...personally wouldn't wish manufacturers to go lower ..but I have seen modellers just paint the Hornet heads !

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  17. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rafa I noticed that your prices were very good and of course the beauty with 3D printing is that you have the choice of producing items in a range of sizes, as I said they all look great and I can accept that they fall into place with other busts that you have already produced, this is all good and I wish you every success with them, personally I like keeping my collection all around the same 1/9-1/10 scale partly because I find them easier to paint but it just seems to be a really nice size and there is a vast range of subjects already available so I tend to knee jerk when I see busts dropping down to lower scales in case they catch on with other companies like Young's or Nuts Planet etc.
    Best Wishes
    TERRY
  18. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    A favorite period of mine and one that is under represented. These will definitely be must haves
  19. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Pues casi mejor en 54mm, para completar y combinarlas con la serie de El Viejo Dragón.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
  20. Paco A Fixture

Spain
    Las tengo encima de la mesa y son muy buenas; limpio modelado, producción y perfectos encajes.

Un saludo